Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: Live Tournaments w/ Video

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: Live Tournaments w/ Video within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: Live Tournaments w/ Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Did anyone see some of those tournament scores!?! Rnd 1 -17 Rnd 2 -16, oh dear looks like we'll be shooting in the 40's to win these events
man I hope not. I am obviously reserving judgement until the game comes out, but EA needs to get it right when it comes to making a game that plays more realistic.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Did anyone see some of those tournament scores!?! Rnd 1 -17 Rnd 2 -16, oh dear looks like we'll be shooting in the 40's to win these events
Did anyone check the difficulty level? Beginner....Default difficulty....need I say more?
Old 05-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 12
i feel that this may be alot better !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 24

Is this feature available for the Wii as well?
Old 05-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #13
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Did anyone check the difficulty level? Beginner....Default difficulty....need I say more?
Yeah, I noticed that also... and probably white tees at that! However, I did see something on one of the new Gamespot screens that raises some questions. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...0/images/0/43/

Did you notice that "pippin 22" shot a 55 in the first round of the Play-the-Pros Transitions Championship, to lead by eleven strokes over Jim Furyk? These Play-the-Pros events are playing in Tour Pro difficulty, with other variables ratcheted up (like skill caps) to make it even more realistic. I know EA Sports probably has some elite gamers on their staff, but to see a 55 has me wondering. I'm a bit surprised that EA Sports let this screen shot get out of the bag.

I realize this screen was taken back in March, so they may have tweaked it up to play even harder since then. Also, since Innisbrook Copperhead isn't in the game, it's not clear what collection of holes they used to try to replicate it for the Play-the-Pros either. Still, it shouldn't be that easy to shoot a 55 under Play-the-Pros in Tour Pro difficulty!

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 05-09-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #14
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Is this feature available for the Wii as well?
Yes! And that's one reason I'm planning to buy a Wii. I've already got the TW 10/ Wii Motion Plus bundle preordered
Old 05-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Did you notice that "pippin 22" shot a 55 in the first round of the Play-the-Pros Transitions Championship, to lead by eleven strokes over Jim Furyk? These Play-the-Pros events are playing in Tour Pro difficulty, with other variables ratcheted up (like skill caps) to make it even more realistic. I know EA Sports probably has some elite gamers on their staff, but to see a 55 has me wondering. I'm a bit surprised that EA Sports let this screen shot get out of the bag.

I realize this screen was taken back in March, so they may have tweaked it up to play even harder since then. Also, since Innisbrook Copperhead isn't in the game, it's not clear what collection of holes they used to try to replicated it for the Play-the-Pros either. Still, it shouldn't be that easy to shoot a 55 under Play-the-Pros in Tour Pro difficulty!
That is why. They have stated that the difficulty in PtP is going to be much more challenging....alot has taken place since March....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #16
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
That is why. They have stated that the difficulty in PtP is going to be much more challenging....alot has taken place since March....
Okay, that's a relief... I knew they had curtailed the Tour Pro club distances back, but I'm thinking it would take more than that to curb the scoring to a more realistic number.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »