Home

My Madden NFL 10 Game Experiences From Current Build

This is a discussion on My Madden NFL 10 Game Experiences From Current Build within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 18
My Madden NFL 10 Game Experiences From Current Build

Just wanted to drop a note to you guys and let you know how the game is playing here in mid-May. I played two games yesterday, one against our development manager Ryan Ferwerda...and the other against lead franchise mode designer Josh Looman. Let me just say, the game is so much fun right now! This is no PR blah-blah deal here, we honestly had moments that were making us say wow. Plenty of things to keep us busy for the next month or so, but man this game is going to knock your socks off. OK, enough jibber jabber, on to the juicy details.

Game 1
Green Bay at Chicago - Franchise Mode (All Pro) - Week 1 - 5 min qtrs/no accl clock

Ryan is Green Bay. I am Chicago.

-1st quarter - screen pass to Forte, Packers blitzing hard, Cutler gets it off to Forte who has at least 2 OL ahead to block. 75 yards later, 7-0 CHI.
- Bears get a stop. Next drive, handoff to Matt Forte. Boom, he goes down and it doesn't look good folks. I'm not sure initially of the diagnosis, but I know it's bad because Kevin Jones just stepped onto the field for the Bears.
- Towards the end of the 1st quarter, the report comes in. Forte, compound leg fracture, out for season. Boom. Franchise year one roasted. It was a crazy moment for me (Ryan loved every minute of it - he's a diehard Packer nut). I go from planning on giving Matt Forte about 25-30 touches to having to scramble with Kevin Jones, Garett Wolfe, and the Other Adrian Peterson. Let me tell you, those guys are about 5 steps down from Matt Forte. Huge drop in terms of talent in the game and it is noticable in my opinion.
- It is a slug fest throughout, we head into the 4th quarter 10-3 Bears. Ryan ends up putting a really nice drive with Aaron Rodgers nickel and diming me with Donald Driver over the middle (the guy does not drop passes, his catch in traffic is one of best in game). He ends up pounding it in with Grant. 10-10. About 2:15 seconds left in game then boom. Crash game over. Already have this bug fixed, but man this was a damn fun game at 10-10 in the 4th!
- We both had less than 200 total yards offense at that point (we had just gone into pause menu to look at stats). I had no running game whatsoever, and the Bears have a rag-tag WR corp, so it's tough for Cutler to do much.

Game 2
- Seattle at Carolina - Exhibition (Pro) - 10 min qtrs/accl clock ON
Josh is Carolina. I am Seattle.

-First quarter is brutal defensive battle. DeAngelo is not doing much for Josh. We are deadlocked at 0-0 heading into the 2nd QTR. Overall, DeAngelo pretty quiet. Something like 70 total yards and 1 score. Most thru the air from what I remember.
- Then it gets exciting. T.J Duckett was my feature back dejour today with Seattle, they really have a thin crew back there at RB this year. Julius Jones was mixed in and had one big run for me (mainly due to Josh's infamous 'switch-n-ndive' technique). Back to Duckett, he and his 74 SPD break out for a 49 touchdown gallop. It was a thing of beauty. Couple of big power moves and a huge stiff arm at the end on Charles Godfrey sealed the deal. Duckett had 10 carries for 88yards and 2 scores on the day BTW.

- Delhomme was erratic all day, putting up some big yards but also throwing the INTs. Had over 300+ yds, and 2 scores, to go along with 3 picks.
- Julius Peppers had Josh and I in awe with this amazing leaping INT (he called a play that dropped Peppers back in coverage) and 60 yard return for touchdown.
-TJ Hoosh was effective but not dominant for me and Seattle with 5 catches for 60+ yds. Didn't drop much, but he never broke any big plays and can't get too far with his 82 speed (but 90+ Routes, CTH, CTH in Traffic).
- As for how the game ended. I am up with Seattle (had over 150+ yards with J Jones and Duckett), late in the 4th, score was 35-24. I kick a 53 yard FG with Mare to go up by 11 (game over right?). He then promptly takes it down the field with Dwayne Jarrett of all people making a real big play on 3rd and 15+. He gets in with DeAngelo short yardage...38-32 (after two point conv).. He tries to onsides but I get it....there is 1:30 remaining...he uses some timeouts, and forces me to punt back....i punt back and he has no timeouts and there is like 11 seconds left.

-Last play Steve Smith, gets open about twenty yards downfield on a corner to the left sideline...then he starts running almost sideways, not gaining yards, but distancing himself from all my guys (I was an idiot and was controlling Brian Russell who is no speed demon!) and Smith made it all the way to score TD with no time remaining. Kicks the extra point, Final score, 39-38. [Although, let me say, Brian Russell made some big plays in that game, he had one pick and a lot of tackles].

Both Phil and Ryan were working on something in Phil's office but had to come out and watch the end of this one!

-Steve Smith ended up with good overall numbers, but kept him quiet for most part with a 4 catch, 130, 1 TD day (he got like 60 yards on last play).
-Aaron Curry was a beast to control on defense for Seattle. He is going to be a lot of fun in franchise mode.
-Nate Burleson is baaaaaacck people! Ha, he got open for abig play here and there for me, and hearing real good things out of mini-camp about him in real life. He had 4 catches for 80 yards...
-Hasselbeck had a nice day, like 22-28 for 225 yards. West Coast offense, short passing all day long.

OK folks, hope you enjoy, thought you might like some "detailed" info about how the games are actually playing at this time of year. From someone who is actually playing Madden NFL 10 right now!! jealous!!?

-Donny
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii

Last edited by Donny_Moore; 05-13-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: sp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: My Madden 10 game experiences from current build

can we see some footage?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks for the post Donny!! It has me pumped!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
can we see some footage?
i second that...
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 05-13-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

I would only be jealous if you played franchise and told us how fun it was. Otherwise, Madden is always fun when you're playing against someone else, lol. Heck, I actually find Madden 09 entertaining when my friend comes along. That's why I get really skeptical when you guys tell us about these inter-dev crew games every year. Even the crappiest game can sound amazing when you got friends.

But that's not to say that Madden 10 is crap. I'm just reserving judgement until I see gameplay from the gold version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #6
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Screens!!!

Thanx for the info

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #7
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I've already identified the 5 lines in this post that are going to be picked over by the people I am now calling " the crew"

Can't wait to see this thread tomorrow.

BTW Thanks for the report.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:26 AM   #8
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
can we see some footage?
This!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »