Home

Fight Night Round 4: Nine New Boxers Revealed

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4: Nine New Boxers Revealed within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #17

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Fight Night Round 4: Nine New Boxers Revealed

I call BS on the ratings. The two important fighters in the game, Ali and Tyson, need to be the best fighters in the game not Sweet Pea.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 19
The roster isn't great but it isn't bs. I could see wanting to give like 18 of those names a try. Mayweather, Hopkins, Holyfield, and De La Hoya for some would take it to another level, but I'm not paying extra for them. DLC is just as bad as patching IMO, give me a complete game for $60. Finally, I agree that the ratings are a joke. Sweet Pea is the best ever I guess.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I call BS on the ratings. The two important fighters in the game, Ali and Tyson, need to be the best fighters in the game not Sweet Pea.
This from a TeamXbox interview with the Fight Night Round 4 team (Brian Hayes (gameplay producer), Jeff Atienza (line producer) and Mike Mahar (legacy mode producer)

TeamXbox: It’s always interesting to see how EA’s sims of March Madness or the Super Bowl play out. We’re curious who’s the pound-for-pound best boxer of all time according to Round 4? Like, is there a guy that all the testers use to dominate?

Fight Night Round 4 team: The obvious answer is that, because Tyson is in the game, he’s the favorite. That’s not because it’s imbalanced or because he’s easier to use. It’s just that people LOVE to use Tyson. We’ve seen it in demos with players that pick up the game for the first time. You can feel a grin come over their face when they choose Tyson. Like “Oh my god…I’m Mike Tyson!! I’m going to kill you!” [chuckles]

The highest rated boxer in the game is Sugar Ray Robinson, though. And that’s mainly because he’s universally accepted as the pound-for-pound best fighter in history. But keep in mind, style makes fights in Round 4, so pretty much anybody in the game can give Sugar Ray a good fight.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 19
Well the above ratings must be wrong if Sugar Ray is the highest rated boxer in the game.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
Well the above ratings must be wrong if Sugar Ray is the highest rated boxer in the game.
I'd bet on it. The article was dated April 17th.
Sugar Ray #1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #22

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
This from a TeamXbox interview with the Fight Night Round 4 team (Brian Hayes (gameplay producer), Jeff Atienza (line producer) and Mike Mahar (legacy mode producer)

TeamXbox: It’s always interesting to see how EA’s sims of March Madness or the Super Bowl play out. We’re curious who’s the pound-for-pound best boxer of all time according to Round 4? Like, is there a guy that all the testers use to dominate?

Fight Night Round 4 team: The obvious answer is that, because Tyson is in the game, he’s the favorite. That’s not because it’s imbalanced or because he’s easier to use. It’s just that people LOVE to use Tyson. We’ve seen it in demos with players that pick up the game for the first time. You can feel a grin come over their face when they choose Tyson. Like “Oh my god…I’m Mike Tyson!! I’m going to kill you!” [chuckles]

The highest rated boxer in the game is Sugar Ray Robinson, though. And that’s mainly because he’s universally accepted as the pound-for-pound best fighter in history. But keep in mind, style makes fights in Round 4, so pretty much anybody in the game can give Sugar Ray a good fight.
homerism in my part, how can I forget about Suger Ray Robinson
Old 05-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 24

Umm if you guys look at the thread that show the pics form the demo you'll see one where Morrison is rated a 82 which matches the list I posted. So you can see the ratings from the demo so I think this list is legit at least for the demo. EA is saying it will be tweaked but I hope the only change isn't lowering Sweetpea a little and raising Sugar Ray to make him the highest rated fighter. There's at least half a dozen other fighters where the ratings are way off.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9
UMMMM what happend to ( Floyd Mayweather J.R )

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »