Home

UFC 2009 Undisputed Detailed Fighter Stats w/ Screenshots

This is a discussion on UFC 2009 Undisputed Detailed Fighter Stats w/ Screenshots within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Some Detailed Fighter Stats (Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Can you link it now, wherever you are reading?
http://www.undisputedonline.net/foru...ead.php?t=4033

It's currently at 36 pages, so I'll summarize.

Nicknames:

El Toro
The Grim Reaper
The Fury
The Headhunter
Razor Sharp
Hands of Stone
The Doctor
Quick Silver
Big Nasty
The Buzzsaw

CAF consists of choosing from 6 different styles of shorts/tights, which can be five different colors (the mouthguard can be the same colors). You can then position the sponsors you've unlocked on your shorts however you want. You also can have tattoos, ankle braces, and knee braces.

The biggest CAF you can make it 6'7", 235 lbs. The shortest you can make is a 5'4" lightweight.

The guy answering questions unlocked different levels of muay thai in his career. Level 2 got him elbows on the ground, head kicks, and a few other things. Level 3 got him the flying knee among other things.

Seems to be one difficulty for career mode. You spend much of your career fighting guys rated way better than you. In year 3, he was something like a 48 overall and he was the champ with a 12-1 record. By the end of year 7, your stats should be at the proper level to take your fighter online (and that's presumably why they limit you to seven years, so your stats aren't a lot better than everyone else in the game).

No cpu vs. cpu, no spectator mode.

You can't defend titles in exhibition per se, but you can set fights to five rounds.

I think that was the most notable stuff.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

Oh, there's also some pics of a couple fighter's stats buried in the thread, and he showed off a few pics of his CAF in action against Sherk. His CAF looked pretty solid. Didn't seem out of place at all, looked notably different from the the other CAFs I've seen (the one from the Italian preview and the one in THQ's career mode video).

Also his blurb about the practice mode was interesting:

Quote:
In Practice mode, players are eligible to fight against a CPU to put in hours upon hours performing maneuvers until they feel natural. As with any Practice mode, you are able to see what buttons you are pressing to understand what commands do what and how successful they are. If you’d like to fight against more advanced competition, you can change the action of your sparring partner to only: defend high strikes or low strikes, grapple block, positively strike, positively grapple or auto strike defense. There’s also the ability to turn up the difficulty to Expert – or any of the difficulty settings – for the CPU to raise the stakes.
That should help tremendously.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #19
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

To clarify, he wasn't sure if the difficulty for career mode was set based on the menu setting or not -- he just started it up and played and said that you can't change it during the mode. He did say that it was pretty tough fighting higher-ranked guys, but also that he powered through the low-level competition... my suspicion is that he was on Beginner/Experienced since that's likely the default level for the final game.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #20
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan49er
Some of those ratings seem a bit on the low side...Lesnar with 82 strength, Wand and Anderson with striking offense in the 70s, highest rating on there was Cro Cops kick offense at 92...GSP hasn't missed a takedown in like 3 or 4 fights and has become probably the most dominant wrestler in the UFC but his takedowns are at 88 and his ground striking is terrible. Theres no ratings for chin, body, cuts, or heart. And whats with Hendo's ridiculously low sub defense? Apparently, nobody has seen his fights against Big Nog. Not to mention he's the slowest fighter with stats listed. The good news is, from the demo, the game looks awesome, I have issues with the ratings though.
just because Brock is as big as he is, doesn;t mean he's got to be strong.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 05-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #21
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
just because Brock is as big as he is, doesn;t mean he's got to be strong.
But he is very strong and has powerful strikes. He may not be an accomplished striker, but they have to represent his punching power with ratings somehow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #22
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
He also stunk it up in the UFC big time. His ratings are probably more based on his UFC performances, which were rather poor.
Yeah, but I think it is unfair to judge a fighter on a couple of fights when there overall career was pretty good. I do understand where you are coming from though. I also just used him for one example, and I do see many other stats that seem off.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
He also stunk it up in the UFC big time. His ratings are probably more based on his UFC performances, which were rather poor.

Thank you. The ratings are based on how they are now...Not years ago in Pride or early years in the UFC. Thats why Tito's numbers are where they are.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP
But he is very strong and has powerful strikes. He may not be an accomplished striker, but they have to represent his punching power with ratings somehow.
Punching power and strength are 2 very different things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »