Home

NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: IGN Pre-E3 Hands On

Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
Nate (the IGN fella) must not have played NCAA 09 very much. He says camera angles are the same as well as game speed remains unchanged. We've already seen a dynamic camera angle on passing plays, as well as confirmation that overall game speed/animations are 10% slower in '10 than '09. This review is rehashed info that took him about 15 mins to type (or copy and paste).

I do like the discussion on setting how aggressive or conservative aspects like blocking or forcing fumbles would be, but that's about the only depth I saw to his writeup.

is the gameplay speed changes made on ncaa also??? source?? thanks bro.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #10
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

The people that write on sports games at IGN usually have no idea what they are talking about.

However, I just have a gut feeling that this guy is going to be right on.

Teambuilder= Who cares?

Flexbone= EA didn't fix the OL which is the entire basis for this schemed offense to work. That means this offense is still broken or they come up with a junk way for the defense to become messed up against it.

Road to Glory= Who Cares?

Adaptive AI= Nice. But I have a hard time believing that EA could develop and implement it correctly on the first try.

Just my opinion, but this game needs to be started over from scratch. They need to start the game over and begin with programming the OL/DL interaction properly. Until that is done, this game will continue to garbage.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #11
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
is the gameplay speed changes made on ncaa also??? source?? thanks bro.
thought so, here's Ian's writeup about Madden speed changes:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...en-nfl-10.aspx

Doesn't say specifically that those things are in NCAA, although my friend and I have been under the impression that the Overall Game Speed decrease is in NCAA. Solidice might have a link.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #12
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
I recently got my hands on an early build of NCAA Football 10 at a Pre-E3 event in Los Angeles.
I just wanted to highlight this. I am not one to drink a lot of Kool-Aid, but I exercise caution towards both positive and negative comments.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Don't put any stock into what IGN has to say, they are complete mo mo's when it comes to anything sports-related.
This.

Both Madden 09 and NCAA 09 were rated about 4 points higher than what they should have been on IGN. IGN is the last place id check for anything relating to Madden or NCAA.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:59 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
The people that write on sports games at IGN usually have no idea what they are talking about.

However, I just have a gut feeling that this guy is going to be right on.

Teambuilder= Who cares?

Flexbone= EA didn't fix the OL which is the entire basis for this schemed offense to work. That means this offense is still broken or they come up with a junk way for the defense to become messed up against it.

Road to Glory= Who Cares?

Adaptive AI= Nice. But I have a hard time believing that EA could develop and implement it correctly on the first try.

Just my opinion, but this game needs to be started over from scratch. They need to start the game over and begin with programming the OL/DL interaction properly. Until that is done, this game will continue to garbage.
They've played the game, they know more than you or I. They know enough to know whether or not there were major gameplay changes, and if the game plays the same or similar to the trash that was put out last year. That's really all I need to know to cement my decision of allowing this game to stay on the shelf this year. Seriously, wtf do we need more game modes? About 90% of what we've asked for has been ignored, but they can throw in more game modes? I'm honestly dumbfounded. I'm sorry, but I can't put up with this anymore. I will however be picking up Infamous for the PS3 whom just scored a 9.2 on IGN. SCEA seems to get it. With the exception of they're Basketball department they've consistently put out strong quality products whether it be sports or otherwise.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:22 PM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

from all the stuff we've seen it looks like the gameplay hasnt changed too much. What the heck do the NCAA guys do with their time? It seems like the Madden guys have drastically improved gameplay and added new equipment/ appearance changes while the NCAA guys just added a couple new game modes (dont get me wrong i love teambuilder) and some minor gameplay tweaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #16
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Not much to see here. Oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »