Home

NCAA Football 10 Hands-On Preview (Teamxbox)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Hands-On Preview (Teamxbox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: NCAA Footballl 10 Team Xbox hands on Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan27
True, but one that I think will be rather prevalent. I also think it is a waste of time. I love my school (USC) but I couldn't care less how they do in this game mode.
well thats the thing, Season Showdown is not really a "mode" you earn points for your team no matter what mode you play(well, except maybe practice mode). you play a mascot game(I'm guessing on this one), you'll get points. you play a regular play now game, you'll get points. you play an offline dynasty game, you'll get points. the only way to not contribute is to play with your console unplugged from the internet.

although, I believe you can avoid Season showdown from starting to do that, if you never visit the Season Showdown section and select your team.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

[quote=laydizzy;2039567971]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Opinion

Show me someone who is excited about season showdown and can explain why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
i have to strongly disagree with this statement because from everything we've heard season showdown doesn't really take any time. I agree it's not a feature that really excites me all that much, but from what the devs have said so far there's not much to it from a gamers prespective. you go to a screen and choose your school then do everything you normally do while the game tracks your success in a few game related categories, that's it. It really doesn't appear to be any more time consuming than choosing your favorite school was previous versions.
Theres one btw it doesnt matter if YOU dont think its relevant or good, get over yourself.Its just like other ncaa games that make you pick your favorite team except now it tracks your team as a whole with stats etc. also i believe it helps scount people with good sportmanship ratings which will determine if i play a close to sim player or some 4th down cowboy.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:46 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
i have to strongly disagree with this statement because from everything we've heard season showdown doesn't really take any time. I agree it's not a feature that really excites me all that much, but from what the devs have said so far there's not much to it from a gamers prespective. you go to a screen and choose your school then do everything you normally do while the game tracks your success in a few game related categories, that's it. It really doesn't appear to be any more time consuming than choosing your favorite school was previous versions.
By saying waste of time I was commenting on how pointless the feature is. At best I figure it's made too keep people from cheesing online or at least make it easier to spot cheesers. But we know that won't work.

Everyone following NCAA knows the 2 big features are teambuilder and ss. It's just pointless. It'd be like madden 09 talking about that ring as a great newfeature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan27
True, but one that I think will be rather prevalent. I also think it is a waste of time. I love my school (USC) but I couldn't care less how they do in this game mode.
FYI its not a game mode,and its the same as past games where you would choose your favorite team(USCLOLPAC10) and without even trying you will be using Season Showdown if your playing the game.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

[quote=Allaboutme;2039568001]
Quote:
Originally Posted by laydizzy

Theres one btw it doesnt matter if YOU dont think its relevant or good, get over yourself.Its just like other ncaa games that make you pick your favorite team except now it tracks your team as a whole with stats etc. also i believe it helps scount people with good sportmanship ratings which will determine if i play a close to sim player or some 4th down cowboy.
He was explaining why he didn't feel it was a waste of time. He was def not excited about ss.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laydizzy
By saying waste of time I was commenting on how pointless the feature is. At best I figure it's made too keep people from cheesing online or at least make it easier to spot cheesers. But we know that won't work.

Everyone following NCAA knows the 2 big features are teambuilder and ss. It's just pointless. It'd be like madden 09 talking about that ring as a great newfeature.
You know it wont work to track cheesers because you already played the game? or is that one of your Opinions turned fact? you got 10 post under your belt and 3 of them so far is pure fail.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 29

[quote=laydizzy;2039568028]
Quote:

He was explaining why he didn't feel it was a waste of time. He was def not excited about ss.
true i'm not that excited by it, but that's mainly because i don't play online at all. Even though it's not for me I can clearly understand how it helps some people and the bottom line is that it takes nothing away from you as a gamer so why would you be upset by it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #16
Rookie

[quote=laydizzy;2039568028]
Quote:

He doesnt have to be excited for him to use this SS. BTw your opinion doesnt become Fact just because there are more people like you that share the same opinion.

Even if no one is excited about the feature it will get used when the game is shipped and your statement will still remain opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »