Home

NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round Up

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round Up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
Thanks a lot, looking to be great. And despite what many people say, I think it's good the eight man gang tackling isn't in NCAA. I barely ever see any of those pileups in NCAA, but that's mainly because players aren't as strong while in college. I would though like maybe 3 to 4 man ta tackling. With two people it just sounds like it's those pre-determined tackles that are the same thing
THIS....its a stupid addition to madden, no tackle should ever go over 4, unless its a pile up and even then meh. I mean if 3 guys are holding up a Back and the back is still gaining progress logic says the 4th man is going for the legs. let madden have 9 man tackle and then call it sim lol.

Plus the animation looks like a bunch of ants fighting over a crum.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
THIS....its a stupid addition to madden, no tackle should ever go over 4, unless its a pile up and even then meh. I mean if 3 guys are holding up a Back and the back is still gaining progress logic says the 4th man is going for the legs. let madden have 9 man tackle and then call it sim lol.

Are you enjoying your
Old 05-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

I meant like the pre-determined ones that you used to see in Madden, where they had like 4-5 set animations that were the same tackles everytime. And yes, I think the EIGHT man thing is a little too much, but I just can't see that many tackles in Madden to actually be that big of a number
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #12
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDJ 77x
NCAA 09 didn't have two man tackling, I never even realized that wasn't in the game. Is getting off a block improved I might just suck but I could not get off a block and make a play or I would get off the block and the runner would just go the other way.
Yeah we moved the defensive line moves to the Right Stick and revisited how they work. You will try and go left or right off a block with the stick instead of trying to pick Power Move of Finesse move... the game will pick what your player is better at.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

I wonder if you will feel the same way when NCAA adds this technology next year...for some reason, I think you will be singing a different tune then .

Thanks for the 'round-up' Russell, I'm looking forward to more news in the coming weeks (particularly 'Game-planning' and 'Defensive Keys').
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 05-14-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Are you enjoying your
Are you 12?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
I wonder if you will feel the same way when NCAA adds this technology next year...for some reason, I think you will be singing a different tune then .

Thanks for the 'round-up' Russell, I'm looking forward to more news in the coming weeks (particularly 'Game-planning' and 'Defensive Keys').
I wont change my tune if it works the same way next year.

Also whenver Ncaa gets a feature that was in madden the year before ,its usually more polished because the developers fixs the bad parts of said feature. In this case it would be 9 people trying to take down one back without even thinking "hey i can go for his legs"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Are you 12?

Well your b****** bout a feature that will be in NCAA next year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »