Home

NHL 10 Interview: Let's Get Physical (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Interview: Let's Get Physical (Gamespot) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #17
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Gamespot - "NHL 10: Let's Get Physical"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
1)What does thinking that something is a penalty or not have to do with class and sportsmanship per se. I said it wasn't a penalty, not that it was classy or okay. Perhaps I was wrong about the rules but the fact is I have seen guys shoot after the whistle plenty of times and not once has it resulted in a penalty. It usually results in a scrum around the guy who shot it. Of course, I fully expect that if a guy shoots several seconds after the whistle the rule may be different.

2)As for your claim that I know nothing about class because I'm a Habs fan, if you look at my post history in the Pro Hockey forum, you should be able to find a few rants by me about the lack of class displayed by Habs fans at and around the Bell Centre so please don't assume anything about my own level of class without knowing anything about me. Thanks.

Edit: I did a little digging and found some of those posts I was talking about. I suggest you read these before trying to lump me in with the admittedly all too real portion of Habs fans who lack class (there are other similar posts of mine in the ensuing discussion in both threads):

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-hockey/309186-2009-stanley-cup-playoffs-15.html#post2039462825

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-hockey/274008-2008-09-nhl-regular-season-12.html#post2039006200
Don't get too riled up, he was just being a douchebag.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
EASPORTS...DO YOU THINK THERE WILL BE DISLODGED GOALIE NETS ADDED AND PEOPLE FLYING INTO THE NETS LIKE IN THE NHL PLAYOFFS?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #19
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 10 Interview: Let's Get Physical (Gamespot)

I am pumped after reading this preview. The NHL team sounds like it has spent a lot of time on rock solid gameplay upgrades. Sometimes EA games (read: NCAA) use gimmicks to create a buzz instead of improving the game.

Count me in on launch day.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #20
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

The after the whistle stuff is something I've long waited for to arrive in hockey games. It's going to add so much more to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 05-15-2009, 01:00 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Gamespot - "NHL 10: Let's Get Physical"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogle
in real life, yes it is, of course your a canadiens fan so you wouldn't know about sportsmanship, or class, but if you shoot the puck after the whistle, at the goalie or not, it's a penalty
That is not true. It is up to the ref to make that call. And I don't think I have seen that called that much, if at all. So actually you are wrong it is not always called a penalty. Thanks for playing there is a nice door prize for you. Any ways I loved what I read. Can't wait to play this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 01:14 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

that is one step until we get those occasional all out 5 on 5 brawls where there is gloves, sticks and helmets all over the place, players grabbing each other, swinging, 2 on 1, 3 on 2 and the rare goalies mixing it up with others and the goalie counterpart.

only we wish
Old 05-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 12

The improvements sound great, although I'm a bit concerned about all the focus on fighting. This upgrade is low on my list as I always turn fighting off. If it's implemented as David Littman has mentioned then it should add to the authenticity.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:36 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 47

I hope they fix the faceoffs. They need more animation all around this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »