Home

Tiger Woods 10 Preview (Wii): What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods 10 Preview (Wii): What's Hot and What's Not within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #9
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
The images are gone now ChaseB. They were in embedded in the article when I read it earlier this afternoon.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Oh all right. Well sorry if there was any misdirection at work.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:44 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12
Just because the guy previewing the game sucks at golf doesn't mean the rest of us should have to put up with another easy Tiger Woods game. We want a challenge. Previewers like you are part of the reason Tiger Woods has been more arcade than sim. If you're too uncoordinated to swing the wii remote the rest of us shouldn't have put up with a dumbed down version of golf to suit toddlers and nerd previewers. The swing mechanic should be realisic. If it is then I'm getting this game for the Wii.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 08:17 AM   #12
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
I bet you're a scratch golfer right- are you on the PGA tour?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods 10 Preview (Wii): What's Hot and What's Not

There's multiple skill levels so it's pointless to argue about this.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #14
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
Just because the guy previewing the game sucks at golf doesn't mean the rest of us should have to put up with another easy Tiger Woods game. We want a challenge. Previewers like you are part of the reason Tiger Woods has been more arcade than sim. If you're too uncoordinated to swing the wii remote the rest of us shouldn't have put up with a dumbed down version of golf to suit toddlers and nerd previewers. The swing mechanic should be realisic. If it is then I'm getting this game for the Wii.
I've got to really question what exactly I said in my preview that deserved a personal attack?

I'm extremely excited about the game, and simply pointed out a concern I have with Wii motion plus- I have not yet played the game, so this concern may not even be valid once I get my hands on the final build.

Please keep the negativity off the board, especially the unwarranted personal attacks.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I bet you're a scratch golfer right- are you on the PGA tour?
Do I have to be on the PGA Tour to be able to swing a golf club?

Don't take this as a personal attack, for all I know you're probably a nice guy so I apologise for insulting you, but it annoys me when people complain about a mechanic that is designed to make a game more realistic. The majority of us on these boards don't want an arcade game, we want a challenging experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #16
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

I don't want an arcade game either-I was just saying that I was a bit concerned if Wii Motion plus is as accurate as people are claiming. Like I said in the article- I don't want to have to hit the range just to shoot par in the game.

The whole reason I play Tiger is because it gives me an opportunity to compete with the Pros on real life courses- what fun would the game be if it completely mimicked anyone's real life golf game? You're telling me that you wouldn't get a bit frustrated with the game if you were consistently shanking drives or pulling putts because your golfer's attributes have not been completely leveled up?

Like another poster said- I'm sure there will be different difficulties that prevent motion plus from getting the point of frustration, but it is a valid concern none the less.

P.S. I am a nice guy! :-) PM over your Wii friend code if you want to hit the virtual links.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »