Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: New Features Walkthrough (Gametrailers)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: New Features Walkthrough (Gametrailers) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: New Vid on Gametrailers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
This was the weirdest interview I have ever done....the guy sat there and held the mic out but he wasn't even looking at me through the whole thing. He seemed really bored or something, he was looking around the room at the other games and stuff, so I basically had to just sit there and talk to someone for 15 minutes who wasn't paying attention to me.
Now you know how the community felt dealing with Mr. Ortiz for the last few years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
This was the weirdest interview I have ever done....the guy sat there and held the mic out but he wasn't even looking at me through the whole thing. He seemed really bored or something, he was looking around the room at the other games and stuff, so I basically had to just sit there and talk to someone for 15 minutes who wasn't paying attention to me.

That's GT for ya
Old 05-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
You deserve a medal for putting up with these kind of jokers.

Some people have no respect. Game looking solid, even with the obvious pro-tak tuning issues. Pocket looked very good as did the reduced speed. All the 'little things' are coming together nicely.

Soon as I see more franchise and the holy grail that is the presentation blowout/blog I may very well buy and not rent this year.

And that was still an alpha build. Nice.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
You should have had some fun with him and started speaking gibberish!

Gaming press in general is entirely suspect. Most of the people working at the large companies have got their built-in biases so deeply held at this point that its impossible for them to be objective at all.

On another note, the game looks great until that bizarre clipping and warping at the end of the interview at the goal line...sweet Jesus that looks like it is going to require MAJOR work to prevent those things from coming up when the game releases....

Not to be too much of a Debbie Downer here, but I remember all too well the way Madden NFL 2007 was almost completely broken by the fact that once a player was engaged, they would become invulnerable to other players but could still break out of tackles or carry the animation for a gimme 5-7 yards....if PRO-TAK ships will ANY of those kind of glitches, they will be found and used and will become the new definition of game killer....

Good luck with the tuning...the feature is very promising, but in the end it is all going to come down to implementation. 1000 plays done right can (and will on the internets) be undone by a single play that ships with warping that bad...
Old 05-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 20

The DT blowing up the run was great also. Very good to see that.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #30
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I know that game speed is one of those things you have to actually play the game to get a feel for, but the slowed-down gameplay just looks right and makes Madden look so much better (on top of all the other new stuff). I'm impressed with what I see so far.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #31
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Maddens looking like it's going to shape up to be a playable game this year... saw a couple of things I liked and some things that could use some work (which is probably being adressed). Overall I'm impressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #32
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

That was pretty awesome, the graphics look great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »