Home

Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (Joystiq) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Joystiq Impressions: Madden NFL 10 (5/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
+1

It's too early to jump on websites for something you've never seen, only heard from developers who MAKE THE GAME. You guys will discredit yourselves by criticizing something you know nothing about. We are better than that here at OS.
do you know better? i think not
we had guys from this website test the game and they say it is alot better so maybe you should pay more attention
Old 05-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #18
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
+1

It's too early to jump on websites for something you've never seen, only heard from developers who MAKE THE GAME. You guys will discredit yourselves by criticizing something you know nothing about. We are better than that here at OS.
We have heard more impressions from people outside of just the developers...
Old 05-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
I think it's a bit funny that somebody who never played the game before, is criticizing Joystiq's impressions of the game (a site that actually played the game, that has been on point about a number of gaming matters over the years).
community day guys from this site have played the game
Old 05-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
+1

Maybe you were not around the forums in early April, but Ian chose 8 folks to come down and pick apart Madden. They were all from OS and gave out constructive criticism of the Madden series.

I've know of these posters for a least 2 years, some more than that,and a few less than that.

I'll take those that I know here at OS over any gaming site on the net.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #21
Banned

Brnto4life's Arena

OVR: 6

Jeez, I was hoping people would comment more on the fact that Joystiq talked about these new updates to franchise and this supposed "presentation mode". I should have known better though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Maybe you were not around the forums in early April, but Ian chose 8 folks to come down and pick apart Madden. They were all from OS and gave out constructive criticism of the Madden series.

I've know of these posters for a least 2 years, some more than that,and a few less than that.

I'll take those that I know here at OS over any gaming site on the net.
I was. I just don't like seeing this criticism. It feels unfounded to me. Yes, we had people come play the game and say they liked it. The people that are talking down any criticism aren't these people.

Were these opinions discussed constructively? nope... just junk like "This is why I hate such and such site".

How about constructing a thought? Let's see... maybe from what we've heard they don't appreciate the intricacies we look for a in a football game. Gleaning from what they said, maybe the casual player will not fully acknowledge changes that we find game changing. That could be an interesting perspective to keep in mind as the game's information is released. The reviewer probably doesn't know football, and to the common player it might feel the same.

That's a valid observation. No need to hate. Maybe casual fans won't think it's different. Again - we are better here at OS. I go here for stimulating discussions on football and Madden, not silly comments like these. I'm just a bit disappointed.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #23
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
How about constructing a thought? Let's see... maybe from what we've heard they don't appreciate the intricacies we look for a in a football game. Gleaning from what they said, maybe the casual player will not fully acknowledge changes that we find game changing. That could be an interesting perspective to keep in mind as the game's information is released. The reviewer probably doesn't know football, and to the common player it might feel the same.

That's a valid observation. No need to hate. Maybe casual fans won't think it's different. Again - we are better here at OS. I go here for stimulating discussions on football and Madden, not silly comments like these. I'm just a bit disappointed.
That's basically what I said in my post.

I don't know if you are referring to me though...
Old 05-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #24
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brnto4life
Jeez, I was hoping people would comment more on the fact that Joystiq talked about these new updates to franchise and this supposed "presentation mode". I should have known better though...
The new updates to franchise mode have been known for a while now. The new presentation mode seems interesting, but since they didn't say anything about it I can't really comment on it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »