Home

MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here

This is a discussion on MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #9
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 09: The Show Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
Russell has stated time and time and time again that the ONLY thing being fixed was the replay/highlight issue.

People expecting other things are probably gonna be disappointed.

Correct flame away lol
Old 05-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #10
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion

o so i hadnt really noticed as i only had 1.06 for about a week...what was up with the replay/highlights?

do you mean if i replay a HR that I can watch the complete dinger now? Cuz like b4 if i went to save a HR replay, it would only go as far as halfway or so down the firstbase line...

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 05-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: MLB 09: The Show Mini-Patch (1.07) Released 5/19/09 - Impressions and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
o so i hadnt really noticed as i only had 1.06 for about a week...what was up with the replay/highlights?

do you mean if i replay a HR that I can watch the complete dinger now? Cuz like b4 if i went to save a HR replay, it would only go as far as halfway or so down the firstbase line...

There was an issue with patch 1.06 where some people would not get post game highlights. Also, when they would go into the replay vault all the highlights from the game would not always be there. The game seemed to stop keeping highlights after a certain number of highlights was reached. . .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
Rookie

lendog691's Arena

OVR: 9

I was hopeing for the best but figured it wasn't gonna happen, so i guess we just move on? For the record though i'm very dissapointed as this was my favorite sports game.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 60

We were told what patch 2 was for.

I hope we can find out if there are any problems with it, or if what it was supposed to fix, worked. It's not going to do anything (gameplay wise, or other), so can someone who has downloaded it chime in.

Can someone confirm that the patch did the job it was supposed to? Can someone sim and make sure there's no crashing, etc., test the thing out for those of us who are waiting to download it.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
I was hopeing for the best but figured it wasn't gonna happen, so i guess we just move on? For the record though i'm very dissapointed as this was my favorite sports game.
I have to disagree, what more do you want SCEA to do? They have released 3 patches since the release date to resolve issues and you are still not happy? They mentioned what was going to be fixed before the release of the patch.

Why is it no longer your favorite sports game? just courious

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 05-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #15
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
They have released 3 patches since the release date
They have?

I thought this was just patch number 2.

Can you give info on what the other patch was, besides the "big one" that got us in this mess?

Was there a launch patch I am not remembering?

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 05-19-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #16
Pro

magoo1967's Arena

OVR: 17

I downloaded the patch and played a game in my franchise. I purposely hit x to skip 2 different flashback HR replays and I still got all the highlights at the end of the game. So it would appear that the replay issue has been fixed as promised with 1.07. Not sure about any crash/freeze issues because I don't play much RTTS and I never had that problem arise in my franchise so far (fingers crossed).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »