Home

Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #9
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Wow, Joystiq rights a "wrong"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
This guy's major beef is that the EA dev crew isn't working on a team-play feature called Madden Online?

WTF?

This guy is ********. 99.9% of Madden fans are PRIMARILY interested in the presentation and gameplay upgrades - the very upgrades that he so non-chalantly trivialized as "non-intuitive" branches for development.
Yeah lets not foucse on gang tackling, presentations, sig styles lets focuse on TEAM PLAY, TEAM PLAY. Cause thats what madden really missing TEAM PLAY.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Oh well some people cry about different things. But I am glad EA took a step forward this year to make madden even better.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 35

I dont see any wrong with this article. Joystiq just isnt gonna go "PRAISE EA, PRAISE IAN" like a bunch of yall do.

They're hesitant, like they should be. Sounds more like EA whined about the way they took it and pressured them to write this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #12
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
The whole article was like a kid crying but you don'y know what there crying about.
I know exactly what you mean.

It's like even though everything that they talked about in the previous article was addressed by Ian/Phil and noted in this article, in this article they still tried to find ways to try and say to readers why they shouldn't be interested in the game (and also why they themselves never were).

The fact that they said that "The Emotions of the NFL" was a new game mode in the previous article kind of shows that they didn't care nothing much of the game (since EA corrected them saying that it wasn't; man all that time speculating about what the mode could be about here at OS has been wasted lol).

Yeah... I would be surprised if EA Sports would still let these guys preview any other games in the future...
Old 05-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #13
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

I couldnt tell if the article was suppose to be a apology for half-****** the preview or to better justify the reason he was bashing the game
Old 05-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden 10: Did EA press reset? (Joystiq)

I'm sure you all know that song I *****... I hate her!! Haters. Very inaccurate preview.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #15
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
. Sounds more like EA whined about the way they took it and pressured them to write this.
Not really...

joystiq's previous article had false information (i.e. "Emotion of the NFL" mode; what Pro-Tak does to the game, etc.) and that's why they made this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 28

Actually, that's not what he is really saying in the article. I took it as him saying that over recent years (like the last 4), the Madden franchise hasn't innovated anything. Are you going to say he's wrong? He is using team play as an example. Something that is unprecedented. This year's madden team has worked their asses off, but really to mainly catch up to older maddens or "the other game". That's not innovation. Pro-Tak could be, we have to see how it plays out. Truly adaptive AI, a spectator mode for online leagues, online fantasy/franchise leagues... The door is wide open for all of those things. Everyone agrees that gameplay is the first and foremost. Ian and Phil have worked tirelessly, no doubt, to get that part of it up to par. The guy is basically saying this year's madden is like a version 1.0. It's a new beginning of the game to be built upon in the future just as 2k did with their franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »