Home

Madden NFL 10 Interview (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Interview (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #1

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Madden NFL 10 Interview (IGN)

IGN has posted an interview with the Madden NFL 10 team.

Quote:
IGN: "If you're a diehard Madden NFL fan, what's going to be your favorite part of the new game?"

Ian Cummings: "The addition of the Pro-Tak Animation Technology and the changes to normalization of the game speed will be the most evident right away. These two changes alone have just made major strides in how the game can feel much more realistic, yet also much more fun (since your actions on the controller all have a very deliberate and finite result).

Phil Frazier, Senior Producer: My favorite part of the game is getting announced at E3 next week so I can't give that away here. Outside of this great new online option, I'd have to say I really enjoy the level of presentation we're providing this year. From a better pre-game experience, to adding suspenseful moments, to better celebrating your victory in the Super Bowl, our presentation has taken a huge step forward. Overall, we're going back to our "it's in the game" roots and delivering an authentic and fun NFL experience.

Mike Young: Cameras. With the addition of depth of field, realistic broadcast angles and framing, the game feels totally different. 90% of the cameras are new so Madden NFL 10 feels like a fresh experience. As for game play enhancements, I love the pocket pressure system. It has changed the way I play the game. I love being able to feel the pressure on the controller, allowing me to watch for receivers to open up while staying safe in the pocket."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New IGN article: Madden Team Q & A

Quote:
IGN: I'm sure you guys are gearing up for E3, same as we are here at IGN. Can you give us a hint as to what Madden NFL 10 will be revealing at the big show?

Mike Young: I've been focused on getting the last little details ironed out…mostly camera polish. We've added over 500 new cameras to the game this year with over a 100 + new scenes so there is a lot to test.

Phil Frazier: The Madden NFL dev team is working very hard on our E3 demo, trying to make some final adjustments to gameplay and fun factor. This will be our first chance to let a large number of people enjoy our game so we're doing our best to nail the demo. In addition experiencing our new Pro-Tak™ Animation Technology, people will get to see improvements to in-game presentation and our all new show in Franchise Mode - The Extra Point. On top of these features, we'll be announcing the online offerings in Madden NFL 10. Tonight we'll start with an announcement of one of our brand new online features. This is just the beginning though as we'll be announcing our 2nd big online feature at the EA press briefing on June 1st. Both features can be discussed in-detail with our designers during the show.

SAAWEEETTTT!!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

It is looking more and more like the online franchise guys are about to get their wish granted.

I'd imagine this forced some tweaks to how certain aspects of the roster management to be reworked in franchise mode. Hopefully this means the free agency system is revamped in some way.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Phil Frazier, Senior Producer: My favorite part of the game is getting announced at E3 next week so I can't give that away here. Outside of this great new online option, I'd have to say I really enjoy the level of presentation we're providing this year. From a better pre-game experience, to adding suspenseful moments, to better celebrating your victory in the Super Bowl, our presentation has taken a huge step forward. Overall, we're going back to our "it's in the game" roots and delivering an authentic and fun NFL experience.
OMG, OMG, OMG!

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 05-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

content is rolling in today isnt it??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 22

Man that interview gave me a natural high just reading it.. lol ..im so freaking excited after reading that and im so FREAKING HAPPY to see that presentation is a HUGE part of the improvement this year...thank god!!!!!!

Ian and crew... god bless, you guys made my night

Quote:
Mike Young: I've been focused on getting the last little details ironed out…mostly camera polish. We've added over 500 new cameras to the game this year with over a 100 + new scenes so there is a lot to test.
Over a 100+ scenes? Does that mean over a 100+ cut scenes? If so ..im freaking hyped and this game will feel ALIVE!!!...if true

Last edited by Moegames; 05-28-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Man that interview gave me a natural high just reading it.. lol ..im so freaking excited after reading that and im so FREAKING HAPPY to see that presentation is a HUGE part of the improvement this year...thank god!!!!!!

Ian and crew... god bless, you guys made my night

Over a 100+ scenes? Does that mean over a 100+ cut scenes? If so ..im freaking hyped and this game will feel ALIVE!!!...if true
Throughout "your night" don't forget to watch SPIKE as they will be revealing one big online mode and some other stuff regarding Madden 10.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #8

OVR: 34

Phil says, "Tonight we'll start with an announcement of one of our brand new online features. This is just the beginning though as we'll be announcing our 2nd big online feature at the EA press briefing on June 1st. Both features can be discussed in-detail with our designers during the show."

Are we to believe something will be announced tonight?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »