Home

Madden 09: Reading Defensive Coverages

This is a discussion on Madden 09: Reading Defensive Coverages within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #9
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden 09: Reading Defensive Coverages

I never really played Madden online, but I loved the zone coverage in APF2K8 where players would read zones. All you had to do was figure out their favorite passing routes (everyone has a pattern), and then set them up for a pick with a hot route / hot man towards the area of the field or player they are throwing too. Works pretty good, and can give you that key INT you need in the 3rd / 4th quarter.

In APF2K8 you can look at players stats sheets, see whether they throw short, medium, or long, or to the left, middle, or right of the field. In addition, you can see which side of the field they run to left, middle, right. If you don't get to see their stats before the game then by the half you can have a pretty good feel for how players play (where they run, types of runs they use) and where they pass (types of passes they use).

Reading a defense is good, but always keep an eye out for the adjustment, because if you're playing a good player, you can bet your bottom dollar it's coming.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 89
kind of whack, in APF you can shell coverages
Old 05-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 09: Reading Defensive Coverages

Thats why I like using the Cover 2 Sink out of the 3-4, Nickel 2-4-5, or the Dollar formations. If you show blitz the safeties will rotate like Cover 3. (SS in box, FS over deep middle). Then put the guys you have over the slot positions into buzz zones. (whether its you LBs or your nickel backs). Since corner routes are a great place to throw against Cover 3. Ive gotten alot of ints because my opponent thought I was in Cover 3 and they tried to go to the corner.

Of course in Madden 10 will be different because you will actually have some protection. So you would realize that the corners arent open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #12
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Nice write up.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
Rookie

rbowlden's Arena

OVR: 21
Pretty good stuff, i just move my wr in motion and see if the db follows
Old 05-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 17
most of the time i just use motion to figure out the coverage
Old 07-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3
when i read zone on madden 09 i go to the screen draws and ddep posts, if its man i just do a drag or corner out. but madden 09 is such garbage if you dont have the right d you can literaly come out in 4 curls and user catch them the whole game
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »