Home

NCAA Football 10: What's New in Dynasty (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: What's New in Dynasty (ESPN Videogames) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 10: What's New in Dynasty (ESPN Videogames)

ESPN Videogames have posted another NCAA Football 10 article. This one showing off what's new in the Dynasty mode.

Quote:
"I'm a Dynasty nerd. I admit it. When I hear about a game like "NCAA Football 10," EA can try to sell me on every back-of-the-box feature they've got, but I always follow up with one question: "What's new in Dynasty mode?"

Season after season, I recruit; I play; I recruit some more; and if things work out right, I can change a school's fortunes through a little button finesse and prospect-grooming.

But that just brings me back to my main question. What's new in Dynasty mode for "NCAA Football 10"?

I sat down with EA's architect of everything Dynasty, Ben Haumiller, to find out what's in store this season.

"Don't worry, it's my favorite subject, too," Haumiller says with a laugh about my obsession. "I can talk about Dynasty all day."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 10: What's New in Dynasty (ESPN Videogames)

Quote:
ESPN: I saw the ability to mix and match uniforms in the game for each team. How will that work?
Quote:
Ben Haumiller: In years past, you had your home uniform, your away uniform, and you might have a couple of alternates. But this year, we wanted to break these up into individual pieces because there are so many uniforms that are just the change of a pant color or something like that. So we broke all of these up so you can set your helmet, your jersey, your pants and your shoe color independent from each other. Just doing that right there, the number for the potential of alternate jerseys grew exponentially, especially for a team like Oregon who has different helmets and like eight different jersey tops and three or four different pants. If you're playing as Oregon, you can have a completely different uniform every game of the season.

I like this!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Really hoping they're gonna release some more dynasty details at E3, but I'm not counting on it. I'm just having a hard time with "we added competitive recruiting and fixed a few things that were broken". That's great and all, but I've got the feeling that dynasty is going to feel pretty much exactly like last year. There's gotta be something they could have done to add a new dimension to it. Maybe adding in coaching staffs, with the ability to hire/fire coaches, get into bidding wars in the offseason to lure an OC away from a different school, those coaches affecting how your team plays, etc. Something like that would have added something new to the experience as opposed to "well, this isn't broke anymore".
Old 05-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

The uniform combination thing is sweet for many college fans (Oregon, Clemson, etc).

Nice little article. If recruiting is well done and they add some touches here and there, I'll be pretty satisfied.

Most importantly for a realistic Dynasty is the sim engine. I want stats that are reflective of the college season. I don't want every other QB throwing over 20 INTs and 30 TDs. That just weakens the experience for me.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Really hoping they're gonna release some more dynasty details at E3, but I'm not counting on it. I'm just having a hard time with "we added competitive recruiting and fixed a few things that were broken". That's great and all, but I've got the feeling that dynasty is going to feel pretty much exactly like last year. There's gotta be something they could have done to add a new dimension to it. Maybe adding in coaching staffs, with the ability to hire/fire coaches, get into bidding wars in the offseason to lure an OC away from a different school, those coaches affecting how your team plays, etc. Something like that would have added something new to the experience as opposed to "well, this isn't broke anymore".
Yeah everytime Ben H. does an interview I feel less and less confident about 10! He mentioned nothing new in that interview. Presentation sucked in dynasty mode what about that? Last gen was great making the SI cover was all I wanted to do every week.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I like this!
It certainly bodes well for TeamBuilder.

This answer just made me laugh and shake my head though, because of SS.

"ESPN: You talked about how Team Builder was the most requested new feature in "NCAA Football 10." How much influence do the fans really have over what makes it inside the product each year?

Ben Haumiller:
They actually have a big impact. We're on the boards a lot and interacting with guys all the time to talk about the game in general and what they want to see added. They have a big influence on what we're doing and where we're going. Those are the guys who know the game inside and out. They know the game as well as we do, and it's my job to know the game. It's great to get their feedback and talk to them because they are truly passionate about what's going in the game and they are always very opinionated about what they like and don't like about the game. We definitely enjoy talking to them. It's like OK, we got Team Builder off the list, what's the next biggest thing you want to see in "NCAA Football 11"? We take that all into account as we head back to the drawing board for next year."

Last edited by Lava; 05-29-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #7
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

So even non-teambuilder teams will have that uniform selector ability? Nice. I doubt I'll ever use it with Bama, but for other teams that'll be a sweet option.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 05-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
This answer just made me laugh and shake my head though, because of SS.

"ESPN: You talked about how Team Builder was the most requested new feature in "NCAA Football 10." How much influence do the fans really have over what makes it inside the product each year?

Ben Haumiller: They actually have a big impact. We're on the boards a lot and interacting with guys all the time to talk about the game in general and what they want to see added. They have a big influence on what we're doing and where we're going. Those are the guys who know the game inside and out. They know the game as well as we do, and it's my job to know the game. It's great to get their feedback and talk to them because they are truly passionate about what's going in the game and they are always very opinionated about what they like and don't like about the game. We definitely enjoy talking to them. It's like OK, we got Team Builder off the list, what's the next biggest thing you want to see in "NCAA Football 11"? We take that all into account as we head back to the drawing board for next year."
Lets not for get windsocks! Who asks for that? By show of hands.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »