Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: Live Tournaments Part II

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: Live Tournaments Part II within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: TW10 Latest Blog Entry...Live Tournaments Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemj23
Agree that it does seem vastly improved, but why not just make it black and white? You tee it up in a TOUR Pro round and your score is your score. If you want to practice then practice offline.

It would feel 1000% more realistic if I knew that EVERY shot counted and that after 9 I couldn't just decide to start over and shoot a lower score going out.

Once these guys tee it up in the real Tour there isn't any going back unless you WD. That's how it should be on the highest level of difficulty in TW10 and beyond.
I agree with this. How many pros get a mulligan after a bad round?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:50 AM   #10
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Blog: Live Tournaments Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
That's a little disappointing that even on Tour Pro they can keep trying on tournaments.
Don't close the book on this story just yet. Tiger Woods Senior Designer, Mike DeVault made the following post in the Tiger Woods Forum at EA Sports website last night:

"Hey Guys…We are currently looking into the feasibility of adding single try tournament rounds (no restarts) to the Live Tournaments feature. Since this was not originally designed into the Live Tournaments system, we are trying to determine whether this is something that is even possible to add in at this point.

This topic has had a lot of discussion on the boards since we announced Live Tournaments, so we just wanted to give you all a quick update on where this stands at the moment. We’ll keep you all updated as we find out more.

Mike D."

This would really please a lot of hardcore Tiger Woods players and restore some credibility and viability to the online tournaments. Not to mention sending a postive signal to its current and prospective customers that they are listening to their user base and acting upon it where possible. I hope they can make this happen... it will definitely make playing Tiger Woods 10 Live Tournaments a truly "live" experience!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Don't close the book on this story just yet. Tiger Woods Senior Designer, Mike DeVault made the following post in the Tiger Woods Forum at EA Sports website last night:

"Hey Guys…We are currently looking into the feasibility of adding single try tournament rounds (no restarts) to the Live Tournaments feature. Since this was not originally designed into the Live Tournaments system, we are trying to determine whether this is something that is even possible to add in at this point.

This topic has had a lot of discussion on the boards since we announced Live Tournaments, so we just wanted to give you all a quick update on where this stands at the moment. We’ll keep you all updated as we find out more.

Mike D."

This would really please a lot of hardcore Tiger Woods players and restore some credibility and viability to the online tournaments. Not to mention sending a postive signal to its current and prospective customers that they are listening to their user base and acting upon it where possible. I hope they can make this happen... it will definitely make playing Tiger Woods 10 Live Tournaments a truly "live" experience!
I don't get it, a few people complain about this and they end up doing something about it yet scores of gamers for years want a better simulation and nada.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #12
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Mike DeVault added the following statement this morning. This was done to clarify whether the single-try Live tournaments would be interspersed with multiple tries, or whether there would be two, independent tournament types:

"The single-start tournaments would be in addition to the multiple restart tournaments. We are not looking to replace one with the other, but simply to offer an additional way to play based on the feedback we've received from everyone on this forum."
Old 05-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #13
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I don't get it, a few people complain about this and they end up doing something about it yet scores of gamers for years want a better simulation and nada.
Seymour, I think Precision Putting, reduced club distances, holes which will reportedly be less receptive to speeding putts, and some reported club sensitivity tuning changes are their response to the cries for a better simulation. It's not all that we wanted for sure, but on paper, it seems to be more than anything we've gotten since the series inception on the consoles.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
While I do agree with your sentiments about building an all-around more true to life simulation, allowing only one round submission for an online live tourney is part of building a better simulation experience.

It's just another piece of the puzzle that for some reason takes EA years upon years to put together.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 9

1 try tourneys would be a definite plus for the series and if they somehow figured out a way to allow customizable private tourneys, it would even be better. Imagine an OSGA Tour!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #16
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731
1 try tourneys would be a definite plus for the series and if they somehow figured out a way to allow customizable private tourneys, it would even be better. Imagine an OSGA Tour!?!
Seeing how ambitious they've been in expanding the online play options for 2010, I'm surprised that they overlooked, or didn't include this. It would have been really cool and I think it would have potentially gained enough interest to net enough extra sales to adequately profit from it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »