Home

Gran Turismo 5 E3 09 Trailer (Gamersyde)

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 E3 09 Trailer (Gamersyde) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
Gran Turismo 5 E3 09 Trailer (Gamersyde)

Gamersyde has posted a E3 09 trailer of Gran Turismo 5.
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Gran Turismo 5 E3 09 Trailer (Gamersyde)

All this game needs now is a release date. Someone I know on the inside of Sony says one is planned for TGS(Tokyo Game Show). But take that with a grain of salt.

But if this game is half of what's promised, it's a complete change in the guard of racing games. If the league support is there on PSN, it's going to really push the PC sims. NASCAR, WRC, F1, etc. etc. There's more content in GT5 than on rfactorcentral.

I mean, did you SEE those pit crews? The damage modeling? I can't wait to hook up my G25 and play that all at 1080p.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:04 AM   #3
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
All this game needs now is a release date. Someone I know on the inside of Sony says one is planned for TGS(Tokyo Game Show). But take that with a grain of salt.

But if this game is half of what's promised, it's a complete change in the guard of racing games. If the league support is there on PSN, it's going to really push the PC sims. NASCAR, WRC, F1, etc. etc. There's more content in GT5 than on rfactorcentral.

I mean, did you SEE those pit crews? The damage modeling? I can't wait to hook up my G25 and play that all at 1080p.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does the fact that they showed the NASCAR and WRC logos actually mean that they will have the official tracks, teams and drivers for these competitions? If so, Forza 3 is screwed.

I can't wait, damage, 24 hour races with dynamic weather and day/night transitions...geeezzz, it's going to be the best game ever! now they just have to wrestle the exclusive F1 license from codemasters.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Lightbulb Re: Gran Turismo 5 E3 09 Trailer (Gamersyde)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does the fact that they showed the NASCAR and WRC logos actually mean that they will have the official tracks, teams and drivers for these competitions?

Yeah, I would think this will be the case. Sony has had the WRC license for a while and actually developed official WRC games for the PS2 earlier this decade, so I can't see any issues with the company carrying the series over to GT5 on the PS3.

Kruza
Old 06-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22

Wow i'm speechless!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Um, holy crap. That NASCAR bit looked absolutely ridiculous with the pit crews and whatnot. I don't have a PS3 and won't buy one just for this game, but it's pretty damned amazing based on that trailer.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #7
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

yeah I reckon if they showed the WRC and Nascar logos without actually having them in the game would result in lawsuites for false advertising.

Anyways, this trailer absolutely blew the doors off the Forza trailer and I simply can't wait to play GT5. It's going to be unreal. Hopefully Polyphony Difital doesn't pull off the suckerpunch Turn 10 did by announing that not everybody will be able to play the full version of Forza 3, in other words you will have to pay more to play more.

If Polyphone Digital does something similar I'm going to be pissed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »