Home

Fight Night Round 4 Blog: A Look at Photo Game Face

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Blog: A Look at Photo Game Face within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Blog: A Look at Photo Game Face

I hope we can set our CAB's stats without having to go through career mode with each one of them. I remember in FN2004 once you created your boxer you could immediately set his stats and use him in "play now" mode.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I hope we can set our CAB's stats without having to go through career mode with each one of them. I remember in FN2004 once you created your boxer you could immediately set his stats and use him in "play now" mode.
Nah, you need the career mode to regulate the stats. Otherwise, people will make boxers with everything maxed out, then going online basically cheating.

Career mode stats usually have a realistic cap, or you'll only get so far with the points anyway, so there will be no super human boxers online.

Atleast I hope they nullify that ****, and dont let people online with boxers they've created outside of career mode, to powerful.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Nah, you need the career mode to regulate the stats. Otherwise, people will make boxers with everything maxed out, then going online basically cheating.

Career mode stats usually have a realistic cap, or you'll only get so far with the points anyway, so there will be no super human boxers online.

Atleast I hope they nullify that ****, and dont let people online with boxers they've created outside of career mode, to powerful.
I know that would be an issue. It may take to long to create several boxers and get there stats right. Well hopefully the career mode is good enough to play through several times. Maybe I will do one career at each weight class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
No you dont. I think it would be ridiculous if I wanted to create a realistic Mayweather and I had to take him through career mode to make his stats realistic. Thats the case in the UFC game and it is the biggest flaw in that game imo.

If you dont want to face maxed out boxers, you shouldnt fight randoms and/or EA should give you an oppurtunity to look at a fighters ratings before fighting them. That way you can avoid maxed out fighters.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:

I was under the impression that for the online mode w/ the ranking system (i forget what it's called) you create a boxer specifically for online. It that's the case, then I see them putting a cap on CAB ratings. However, my interpretation could be completely wrong.
Be true to you, and that way u can never fall
- Tupac Shakur

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »