Home

Black College Football: The Xperience Preview

This is a discussion on Black College Football: The Xperience Preview within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:30 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
There are a lot of stupid people in this world, and some seemed to have found their way to this thread.

The nice way of saying it would be "unenlightened" instead of stupid. But it seems some people would rather not be enlightened about something they don't understand.....so we'll just call them stupid....

hey there stupid.

Last edited by Afrikan; 06-05-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Too bad they didn't do the season right with an end of year playoff as the HBCU's do it. I love the inclusion of the Halftime Band competition. Those of us who attended HBCU's know that the halftime is just as big as the game.

The people on here claiming this game is racist are the people who are actually racist. A common case of projection - stop trying to project on others what is actually going on inside of you. This is a simple video game for a group of schools that get no love in NCAA.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5
I'll take a stab at "enlightening" the masses. Below is part of a post that I placed on Blog for the Sports Gamer back when this game was first released back in 2007:

"On the Black College Experience issue… I’ve seen this reaction to the game quite a bit today (ie. “why not have a Hispanic, White, Asian, etc, game”). It’s not a game about black college athletes as much as it’s about black college athletic LEAGUES. It’s no different than someone coming out with a Negro League baseball game. Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) have existed and continue to exist out of necessity. We all know the history in this country, no need to restate it here. This game is just a representation of schools and leagues that exist, not just someone’s decision to make a race simulation. As a black man and an HBCU graduate, I can tell you that the “experience” of black college football (off-the-field much more than on-the-field) is indeed quite different. For example, marching bands are serious business in the HBCU world. My school’s team, the North Carolina A&T State U Aggies, are currently going through a rebuilding stage on the field (new coach, new system) after years of success. Our team was 0-11 last year, being outscored overall by a total of 475 to 114, and they’re of to an 0-1 start this year. Yet I would happily by 4 tix to a game right now for my family, just so we could see our band wipe the field with the opponent’s band. See the difference? That’s just a small part of what this game is trying to capture."

The point I made then is still valid today. By the way, since that post, my team would win only 3 of its next 23 games. Thankfully, a new coaching staff is in for next season. But despite the losses, I'll still go to the games just to see the band and the people!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
I can't say I'd have an interest in getting it, but I don't think it's such a bad idea for a game. It just seems like too small of a niche for a full title.

They just need to do more with HBCUs in NCAA; maybe have the companies work together on something like that, with this developer working on the HBCUs and other FCS teams.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #21
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5
Steeler, I'm glad you attempted to clear this up.

"Why do black people get their own game?" Followed up by, "I am by no means racist."

Don't make me laugh. The fact that you had to clarify that, makes me suspect.

EA Sports took the HBCU's out of their games back in like 2006. You couldn't even play with the SWAC schools on dynasty without importing them to another conference first. I think they should bring them back, at least the SWAC. They are part of the NCAA D-I football as well. And take those FCS schools out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #22
Rookie

Silas Barnaby's Arena

OVR: 2
Yo' homie where da white woman at?
Old 06-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Black College Football: The Xperience Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott209
Idk i'm offended why dose black people get there own game there is plenty of blacks in ncaa. I'm no racist by any means but if it was white football everyone would be screaming racism just seems wrong.

"dose black people"? Now thats racist. LOL.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Black College Football: The Xperience Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Barnaby
Yo' homie where da white woman at?

LOL
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »