Home

PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch?

This is a discussion on PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch?

IndustryGamers seems to think so.

Quote:
"With publishers and retailers having come and gone to E3 this past week, having seen no sign of any console hardware price cuts, the industry is starting to get antsy. Sales in the U.S. are expected to drop yet again in May by as much as 17% and movement on hardware pricing can't come soon enough, especially on the still too expensive PS3.

The good news is that Sony may be preparing to lower the price on PS3 this August in order to take advantage of the launch of EA Sports' Madden, which is always an event unto itself. Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia reports in his latest industry note that “industry sources indicate Sony is planning a $100 price cut on the PS3 in mid-August, just prior the launch of Madden (8/18) and the start of the back to school shopping season. This will naturally be a positive for the industry."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch?

i heard this...but they have been talkin price cut fora few months now and it hjasnt happened. my guessis if it happens it wont be until the holidays. it sucks because i plan on buying a ps3 this sunday...now i dont know

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 06-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

I don't know how much impact this will have for the PS3 or Madden.

Apparently Madden is better on 360 (unfortunately!) but I guess some may finally want/get their PS3 and FREE online franchise would be appealing.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21
I own a 360 and have no plan to buy a ps3 so I don't really care. I'm sure the 360 version will run smoother as well.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #5

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

I've missed playstation pretty bad ever since they jacked up the price on thier console and games. They need a price drop in the games to 60 dollars. However until I see a must have game won't be buying one. Metal gear solid was a must have for me and kill zone was the only games I really wanted to play along with some other titles but only one must have game. 360 is getting a piece metal gear and kill zone is not a must have so playstation for me is a little late with the price cuts. For me anyway.

No doubt the price cut will help them out some. Now all they need to do is cut down the games 10 dollars and with the right game I would make a jump for the PS3 even with a 70 dollar plus tax game. Even though its not much of a difference 60 dollars sounds so much more cheaper than 70. Playstation went insane.

So how much will the PS3 be now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
I own a 360 and have no plan to buy a ps3 so I don't really care. I'm sure the 360 version will run smoother as well.
I owned a 360 until it crapped out with the RODeath. I have no plan to buy another one "so I don't really care." I'm sure the PS3 version will be just as much FUN TO PLAY as the 360.

continue on earthlings.......
Old 06-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #7
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I've missed playstation pretty bad ever since they jacked up the price on thier console and games. They need a price drop in the games to 60 dollars. However until I see a must have game won't be buying one. Metal gear solid was a must have for me and kill zone was the only games I really wanted to play along with some other titles but only one must have game. 360 is getting a piece metal gear and kill zone is not a must have so playstation for me is a little late with the price cuts. For me anyway.

No doubt the price cut will help them out some. Now all they need to do is cut down the games 10 dollars and with the right game I would make a jump for the PS3 even with a 70 dollar plus tax game. Even though its not much of a difference 60 dollars sounds so much more cheaper than 70. Playstation went insane.

So how much will the PS3 be now?
No offense and I know I shouldn't make my first post negative towards another member but please do just a few seconds of research before you talk about game prices. A quick look at gamestop's website or any website that sells games for that matter would show very clearly prices for PS3 games are the exact same as 360 games. And also has anyone actually confirmed the 360 version runs smoother then the PS3 version after watching E3 videos from both systems I'm thinking Ian and Co. finally got both versions running the same so until its proven otherwise which if it has been then forget this part of the post then no one knows which version is better if one even is. But seriously before you state something as a fact you really should check it to make sure its right!!

But as to your question about how much the PS3 would be if a $100 price cut happened the 60GB would be 299.99 and the 160GB would be 399.99.

Last edited by theant1h3ro; 06-10-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:01 AM   #8
Rookie

beefjohnson's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro
No offense and I know I shouldn't make my first post negative towards another member but please do just a few seconds of research before you talk about game prices. A quick look at gamestop's website or any website that sells games for that matter would show very clearly prices for PS3 games are the exact same as 360 games. And also has anyone actually confirmed the 360 version runs smoother then the PS3 version after watching E3 videos from both systems I'm thinking Ian and Co. finally got both versions running the same so until its proven otherwise which if it has been then forget this part of the post then no one knows which version is better if one even is. But seriously before you state something as a fact you really should check it to make sure its right!!

But as to your question about how much the PS3 would be if a $100 price cut happened the 60GB would be 299.99 and the 160GB would be 399.99.

yeah i was confused because I swear I thought ps3 and 360's games were the same price lol

As far as people saying whats better...eh..idk. Ive played both and theres not much difference as far as playing goes imo.

I will hand PS3 props though for lasting. Buddy of mine still has his first one he bought when they dropped.

Since then ive went through 3 xbox's bc of the ring which we do not speak of..its bad luck. So gameplay wise..to me..not much difference to matter...system quality hands down goes to ps3 for me. Ive been wanting to buy one but $400 isnt cutting it...ive been hoping they would atleast drop it to 300

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »