Home

Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #105
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

didn't ready through the other pages but what about offline franchise?... judging from last year and the years before that usually when you ignore a topic it's because you didn't really do much to it to warrant a discussion about it... but I have a feeling that's not true. Hoping to hear about offline franchise soon.

Idk I may be drunk (just got back from the bar) but for some reason on my comp it says I jumped from level 7 to 90...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
didn't ready through the other pages but what about offline franchise?... judging from last year and the years before that usually when you ignore a topic it's because you didn't really do much to it to warrant a discussion about it... but I have a feeling that's not true. Hoping to hear about offline franchise soon.

Idk I may be drunk (just got back from the bar) but for some reason on my comp it says I jumped from level 7 to 90...
yea...online franchise is cute and all, but i want that offline info too. i swear online franchise is like a new kid, just lays there...poop and cry...but still gets all the love. but honestly, im happy many ppl have the option of online franchise, but since they nstarted blogs and stuff we've only had one blog on upgrades..."tweaks"...made to the mode
Old 06-10-2009, 01:38 AM   #107
Banned

OVR: 19
A little disappointed. I mean no Mike Vick. No Marvin Harrison. No Plaxico. If there are no free-agents these guys want be in the game. Im not fealing that. Other than that the game seams cool.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:18 AM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich730
Haven't read all the pages but one pain will be you have to cut players to add your draft class since players never really leave
Yea that came to mind, bt everyone will be cutting the 0-60 overall players. But, if we came up with online madden leagues, we can work around this.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:26 AM   #109
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

well they said if the community clamors for a salary cap and free agents then they could add it since the online franchise is server based.....

well i think the community is clamoring.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:08 AM   #110
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

There seems to be some misconception that there are no free agents in the online franchise mode. This is incorrect. There is no free AGENCY in the off season, however players like Marvin Harrison will be in online franchise if they are in the game, you will just have to come up with some system for who gets who as far as free agents. It's not ideal, but seriously if you read a bit you'll see that it's not stagnant rosters that stay the same from year to year. You just might have to get creative at first to solve the free agency issue. The problem for me is that the CPU teams most likely will have to be handled by the commissioner or else they will pretty much keep everyone in place.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:16 AM   #111
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

The NFL may not have a salary cap soon.....Maybe just some foreshadowing.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 04:34 AM   #112
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
To be clear...we're not being secretive on 'offline' franchise. We've just been working hard and haven't had time to talk about it. We will report more in the coming months...but to make sure expectations are clear, our franchise goals were:

1. Fix all the things that have been totally broken (progression, cap room, etc)
2. Make CPU teams actually manage their roster correctly (draft, FA, etc)
3. Make every game feel different through different presentation (and CPU AI)
4. Streamline the interface overall
5. Bring important news forward to the user (instead of burying it 10 layers deep in screens) via the Franchise Hub and via the Extra Point
6. Make scouting worth using
7. Make depth matter via ratings stretching and injuries
8. Make the draft interesting again
9. Do a bunch of other small fixes and additions.

But we really wanted to make this mode fun to play again, and make it a totally different experience while traveling around the league and playing week to week. We do that through a number of different avenues whether it is commentary, stat banners, cut scenes, or whatever.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »