Home

PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch?

This is a discussion on PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #9
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
i heard this...but they have been talkin price cut fora few months now and it hjasnt happened. my guessis if it happens it wont be until the holidays. it sucks because i plan on buying a ps3 this sunday...now i dont know
just do it bro. You wont regret it. I been hearing about the price cut for months too, but I still went ahead and got my ps3 just prior to MLB 09 the show. My xbox 360 and Wii are now collecting dust. Hell, I even got a PSP since then too!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:10 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 19
This would have really helped a year or so ago because PS3 needs to build an online community that draws people like the 360 if they are really looking to compete. That's the true problem in my world as most people I deal with have 360's. Sorry Sony you lost to Dreamcast and Microsoft with the PS2 and you are the least preferred of the new systems in my world.

P.S. In my World means that all the people that come on here to try and argue with others about their personal opinions can miss me when it comes to trying to tell me that it's not true in my world.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:54 AM   #11
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

^^^the ps2 lost? that is hilarious.

btw, the ps3 is a great deal at 399, imo. it would be a straight up steal at 299.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 02:02 AM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well atleast they are getting cheaper. ?? madden 10 coming out on the 18th. I thought it was coming out on the 14th which is a friday??
Old 06-10-2009, 06:00 AM   #13
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
This would have really helped a year or so ago because PS3 needs to build an online community that draws people like the 360 if they are really looking to compete. That's the true problem in my world as most people I deal with have 360's. Sorry Sony you lost to Dreamcast and Microsoft with the PS2 and you are the least preferred of the new systems in my world.

P.S. In my World means that all the people that come on here to try and argue with others about their personal opinions can miss me when it comes to trying to tell me that it's not true in my world.

Lol the PS2 LOST!!!!! WTF are you talking about I dont feel like looking up the sales figures ATM but I do know that the PS2 is the best selling console of all time(off the top of my head I believe it has sold around 125-126 million units in its lifetime). As a matter of fact this year alone there have been months where the 9 year old system outsold the current gen 360. Im sorry but anyone thinking Sony is losing this gen or lost last gen is delusional.....Sony's console didn't come out till a year after the 360 did meaning that the 360 had almost a full 365 days to sell consoles before the PS3 even hit store shelves. A quick check at NPD sales for 2005 and 2006 shows that the 360 sold roughly 5 million units before the PS3 came out. A look at the NPD sales now shows that the 360 is roughly 8 million units ahead of the PS3 and thats with all of the AAA titles for the 360 already being out. A ton of heavy hitters for the PS3 are still to come ie. Gran Turismo 5, God of War III, the first PS3 iteration of Final Fantasy as well as Final Fantasy Online, the just announced Rockstar North exclusive The Agent etc etc. Also add in the fact that the PS3 is nowhere near full potential yet, just look at games like the first Uncharted compared to Killzone 2 and Uncharted Among Thieves the games are only going to get better in every aspect where the 360 games are going to have marginal improvements graphically and physics related at best. Oh and to the ludicrous comment about the Dreamcast beating out the PS2, the PS2 is the reason that Sega is focusing on making Sonic at the olympics games instead of still making consoles. Rest assured this console gen is far from over and with the hardware inside the PS3 it easily is capable of outputting the best games on the market for some time to come.

Last edited by theant1h3ro; 06-10-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 20

Even if they did lower the price i probably still wouldnt be able to get it. Also i like xbox 360 better.

GO FALCONS!

NBA:Lakers

NFL: Falcons

NCAA: Ohio State
Old 06-10-2009, 07:29 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 33

A price cut may make it more accessible for my friends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #16
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I am a xbox guy now and I don't really miss my playstation. PS2 was the best system ever in sales and the PS3 is powerful but the price drop is too late for me.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »