Home

Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 04:48 AM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
Why not? I have played Head Coach 09 a hell of A LOT more then Madden 09 on my 360! They did a hell of a job with it even though it was broken on many areas. Madden 10 improvements + Head Coach 09 = dream football game. I am still buying Madden 10 but I hope I can see more of the good things of head coach on Madden 11. Tell Josh Looman that he should make another head coach game, if he does I will preorder it in a heart beat.
You have to remember that Josh wasn't on the Madden team for the full development cycle. Long after Head Coach was released he was on the forums interacting with us, fixing bugs and putting out a patch.

The fact that in less than 6 months(ish) he's implemented all the fixes that Ian mentioned (which means we have a working and interesting franchise mode this year) is a great start.

Hopefully next year, with a full cycle to work through and a franchise mode with solid foundations, we'll get a few more bells and whistles that we saw on Head Coach (trading future draft picks, training camp rosters and subsequent roster cuts, undrafted FA, in-depth staff roles/hiring/development, team philosophy specific player ratings etc.)
Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #114
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

What Ian posted (quoted above) is very promising.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #115
Banned

OVR: 26

I'm going to post this and then be done with the Online Franchise debate, we all know I"ve devoted too much time to it. I'm glad they put some semblance of an Online Franchise in the game but as for the current state of it, I don't think it's worth my purchase and I'll just stick with NCAA. The minute the "Online League" turns into a complete "Online Franchise" the game is sold to yours truly.

One things upsets me though. Donny mentioned in the interview that it's up to the consumers/fans demand certain features be added in to Online Franchise. You mean we have to beg to get trade logic, salary cap, and free agency put into an "Online Franchise" mode?!?!?! Maybe it's just a marketing ploy or the way he said it came off the wrong way, but I find it a little disconcerting when you claim your goal is to make a "Sim" game, yet the fans have to "demand" basic elements of the the game be put into it. It's already bad enough, though acceptable, the features aren't in the mode, but now it should just be a matter of correcting them and putting them in on the server, not a response to consumer demand. I've said from the get go "Developers intentionally leave things out to generate interest for next year". Online Franchise is beginning to look like a victim of this theory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #116
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
I'm going to post this and then be done with the Online Franchise debate, we all know I"ve devoted too much time to it. I'm glad they put some semblance of an Online Franchise in the game but as for the current state of it, I don't think it's worth my purchase and I'll just stick with NCAA. The minute the "Online League" turns into a complete "Online Franchise" the game is sold to yours truly.

One things upsets me though. Donny mentioned in the interview that it's up to the consumers/fans demand certain features be added in to Online Franchise. You mean we have to beg to get trade logic, salary cap, and free agency put into an "Online Franchise" mode?!?!?! Maybe it's just a marketing ploy or the way he said it came off the wrong way, but I find it a little disconcerting when you claim your goal is to make a "Sim" game, yet the fans have to "demand" basic elements of the the game be put into it. It's already bad enough, though acceptable, the features aren't in the mode, but now it should just be a matter of correcting them and putting them in on the server, not a response to consumer demand. I've said from the get go "Developers intentionally leave things out to generate interest for next year". Online Franchise is beginning to look like a victim of this theory.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Well since Salary Cap and Trade Logic for Online Franchise will be added based on community demand. Allow me to be the first to say "Please implement Salary Cap and Trade Logic as fast as possible"
QFT.

I also think the work around mentioned about dropping players rated 70 and above is ridiculous. That is a sure fire way to start unnecessary conflicts between owners.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #118
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQman2121
QFT.

I also think the work around mentioned about dropping players rated 70 and above is ridiculous. That is a sure fire way to start unnecessary conflicts between owners.
This is why online sports gaming is a crapshoot. Most people seem to be living in a utopian world whenever Online Franchise is mentioned; As if it will be the end-all...be-all for sports gaming.

FadeEmAll has been preaching to the converted about Online Franchise Mode.

Yes, it belongs in Madden. Honestly, I am surprised at how many things NCAA beat Madden to in the last few years.

That said - the only way to get any solid league going smoothly is to get it started with a group of people you know. Otherwise it will be a testosterone fueled online cheesefest to the superbowl.

The ONLY fun thing I see for Online Franchise is the off-season draft.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #119
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30

The ONLY fun thing I see for Online Franchise is the off-season draft.
With cpu generated players...........

Have fun with that. :P

In all seriousness though, no cap really kills the off-season part of the mode. And it's blatantly obvious that its omission is damaging.

They will do something about it. I highly doubt they would be making all of these server side changes if needed claims if they did not already have something in the cards.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 9
Salary Cap Added along with Free Agency in Online Franchise - Madden 2011

NCAA Draft Class Integration in Online Franchise - Madden 2012

CPU Trade Logic in Online Franchise - Madden 2013

All of the above via spawn game feature - Madden 2004

I just need one thing to function properly in order to run an effective online franchise and that is spawn game not corrupting after week 4 every season.

http://www.madden04.com/maddenplanet/newsdata/files/EEkuFVpuAujXETxUnL.shtml

I'm still buying Madden but I'm disappointed at the stripped down online franchise that we are getting...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »