Home

PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch?

This is a discussion on PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch?

1. Madden's biggest sales are in North America.

2. The Xbox 360's biggest sales are in North America.

Therefore, it's no coincidence that Madden's biggest sales are on the Xbox 360, NOT the PS3.

This is also true of just about all 3rd party Multi-Platform games in North America.

Multi-platform games sell better on the Xbox 360 then the PS3 in North American because more people in North America own 360's then PS3s.

It's a combintation of the the user-installed base and forecasting that usually determines which console a game is built on and which console gets a "port".

Lowering the price of the PS3 will definately help sell more consoles, but if people own both a PS3 and an Xbox 360, chances are people will still get the multiplats for the 360 and just buy exclusives for the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I've missed playstation pretty bad ever since they jacked up the price on thier console and games. They need a price drop in the games to 60 dollars. However until I see a must have game won't be buying one. Metal gear solid was a must have for me and kill zone was the only games I really wanted to play along with some other titles but only one must have game. 360 is getting a piece metal gear and kill zone is not a must have so playstation for me is a little late with the price cuts. For me anyway.

No doubt the price cut will help them out some. Now all they need to do is cut down the games 10 dollars and with the right game I would make a jump for the PS3 even with a 70 dollar plus tax game. Even though its not much of a difference 60 dollars sounds so much more cheaper than 70. Playstation went insane.

So how much will the PS3 be now?
You should really work on your grammar and research before bothering to post anything.

PS3 games are $60, the same cost as 360 games. Have been the entire time. Sony never charged more for their games. Both charge $10 more than the Wii.

You say that MGS and Killzone were must have games for you, but then you say 360 is getting Metal Gear and KillZone isn't a must have. Which is it?

Your whole statement/paragraph is just jibberish. To think that you have posted over 200 times and they have all probably been this meangingful is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro

But as to your question about how much the PS3 would be if a $100 price cut happened the 60GB would be 299.99 and the 160GB would be 399.99.
There is no 60GB PS3 anymore....80GB and 160GB. Otherwise, your assumed price structure is correct.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
You should really work on your grammar and research before bothering to post anything.

PS3 games are $60, the same cost as 360 games. Have been the entire time. Sony never charged more for their games. Both charge $10 more than the Wii.

You say that MGS and Killzone were must have games for you, but then you say 360 is getting Metal Gear and KillZone isn't a must have. Which is it?

Your whole statement/paragraph is just jibberish. To think that you have posted over 200 times and they have all probably been this meangingful is fantastic.

There is no 60GB PS3 anymore....80GB and 160GB. Otherwise, your assumed price structure is correct.

Unless he's from another country where the price is +10 over the US dollar and he's speaking broken English because it's not his native language...
Old 06-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Unless he's from another country where the price is +10 over the US dollar and he's speaking broken English because it's not his native language...
I was thinking that too but his location appears to indicate that he is in Kentucky.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #29
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Who buys there kid a PS3 for school?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #30
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16

You are correct they discontinued the 60GB at E3 in 2007 I believe, its the version I have still running like a champ after almost 3 years of intense gaming. You must forgive me I was typing that at 5 or 6 in the morning and had been up all night sick but yes you caught me the point still is that for that amount of money its a steal to get a durable system instead of something that was chopped together and will eventually red ring on you. Its pretty sad when a console maker has to openly state they are extending their warranties due to the fact that 1 out of every 3 of their consoles fail. And don't mistake me for a PS3 fanboy, I own a Wii, PS3, PSP, DS, and original XBOX, I've also been through 3 360's and am taking the plunge again in August with an Elite as a birthday present to myself. Hopefully the Elite will last longer but I still have my doubts. Its like the old saying goes you get what you pay for, sure the 360 seems like a better deal up front but what happens when your out of warranty and have to pay $150 to get it repaired.

Also another thing people don't factor in is XBOX live, I mean sure Live is great but PSN is quickly gaining ground with its games, features and videos, so is it really worth $50 every year just to be able to download demos a week early and listen to 12 year old pre pubescent cheesers recite their vast knowledge of curse words. I much prefer getting such a treat for free myself. And now Live is integrating twitter and facebook into their system which just makes me laugh and feel sorry for people who will use it at the same time. Seriously who is going to sit at their console all day staring at peoples twitter updates. My thought is get outside do some exercise and get a life that doesn't involve tweeting for the 20 or so people that read your blog. Its one thing for a game developer to tweet about the game their currently working on, it's quite another for someone to let the cyber world know that they are going to see Transformers at 3:45 and then hanging out with that ultra cool girl from art class. Give me a break!!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I doubt they will lower the price for a game like Madden. Don't get me wrong, Madden is a huge franchise and all but it is advertised more on the 360 than anything. I mean c'mon... Peter Moore is head of EA Sports...

If there will be a price cut, it will be near the holiday season when they have a couple exclusives coming out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #32
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

I believe a $100 price cut will definitely help the PS3 and with the long lifecycle of the current systems I don't think it is too late yet for Sony. I own the big 3 systems but only buy EA games for the 360, they just seem to run a little better, IMHO. However, no sport games comes close to looking or performing as good as The Show, running on my 60GB....had since launch.....backwards compatible....never had a problem with....knock on wood.....PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »