Home

NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #25
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA 10 Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
And there it is. I was waiting for the major problem to come out sooner or later and here it is.

For the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW a major issue has slipped through the cracks! Once again, some cool new features are added to the game, but something else gets screwed in a major way. I hope the dev team never has to wonder why there is so much doubt every year.

At least this year it came out before the game is released. Hopefully it can be fixed prior to release.

Unbelievable.
I'm just waiting for the announcement within the hour, NCAA 10 GONE GOLD and wham there stops total production and this is what we get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #26
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Hey guys... so we are aware of the issue with no (or few) freshmen on some teams in TeamBuilder and yes the same issues are found on the NCAA 10 disc. Over the past few days, one of our top priorities has been investigating solutions.

The TeamBuilder teams require some data on the disc to set Depth Charts for every team created before they can be used in a game. For example if you use the Cupcake roster as a starting point, NCAA 10 will give you a default Depth Chart for the Cupcakes for your TeamBuilder team (which you can edit in game). This means any changes we make could cause some problems with teams already created using TeamBuilder. So we need to ensure we are taking to proper steps to correct the issues.

We understand the concerns with how this can affect Dynasty mode and Online Games, so we are working hard to have a solution in place before launch on July 14th.

-Russ
Thanks for the info. We all appreciate your taking the time to let us know the story.

Having said that, I'm a little confused by this answer. Most would agree that the main issue with the teambuilder rosters isn't the lack of freshmen. It's the number of players who either shouldn't be there (because they graduated after last season, transferred, etc.) or the ones who should be present but are not.

To give a few specific examples of what I'm talking about, take a look at the TB roster for Houston. RE #53 and LT #74 should be gone, while starting HB #25 (last year's C-USA Frosh of the year) is nowhere to be found.

Will this still be the case if I look at the default rosters on the actual game disc a month from now? If so, why?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yeah........I'd advise ya'll to figure out a solution (fix the rosters) to this before people lose their minds lol. I mean, I'm just speaking from if I were in your (EA NCAA 10 dev team) position. This is a grand opportunity to really implement that whole community interaction thing lol.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 38

Do we give the roster guy another shot? Or do we fire him asap
Old 06-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #29
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Thanks for the info. We all appreciate your taking the time to let us know the story.

Having said that, I'm a little confused by this answer. Most would agree that the main issue with the teambuilder rosters isn't the lack of freshmen. It's the number of players who either shouldn't be there (because they graduated after last season, transferred, etc.) or the ones who should be present but are not.

To give a few specific examples of what I'm talking about, take a look at the TB roster for Houston. RE #53 and LT #74 should be gone, while starting HB #25 (last year's C-USA Frosh of the year) is nowhere to be found.

Will this still be the case if I look at the default rosters on the actual game disc a month from now? If so, why?
We aren't sure of what happened yet, but we didn't want to continue leaving you guys in the dark on what is going on. Our efforts now are on remedying the situation the best we can.

Last edited by OMT; 06-11-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #30
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

We cannot comment on any ongoing lawsuit.

And no it is not an ideal situation... I wanted to come on here and say we already have a solution in place; but it's taking longer to figure everything out then we expected.

Right now we are exploring every angle to get this addressed before release.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 39

Thanks Russ for at least giving us an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
WOW.... thanks for answering... but WOW... how can supposedly a "NEW badass roster guy" let this get by him?

Here is to the community in coming up with a playable roster
1. My thoughts exactly. A screw up of this magnitude (especially when it is your sole task for the year) would get someone fired anywhere else.

2. Us coming up with good rosters.. what would be new really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
So if EA is sending us the game half way done how about a price cut?
No, because Season Showdown easily makes up for it. But seriously, the rosters are in shambles right now. As someone mentioned earlier, Iowa's roster is pathetic.. Please fix this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #32
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
We aren't sure of what happened yet, but we didn't want to continue leaving you guys in the dark on what is going on. It looks like the wrong version of the rosters made the final build, but we don't know for sure yet. Our efforts now are on remedying the situation the best we can.
I think that makes me feel better....how about fixing the rosters and just starting TB over?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »