Home

E3 Backbreaker Hands-Off Preview

This is a discussion on E3 Backbreaker Hands-Off Preview within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
E3 Backbreaker Hands-Off Preview

A lot of the discussion about Backbreaker begins and ends with the technology that drives it. I think those discussions are a bit detrimental in the grand scheme of things, yet at the same time, those discussions are an advantage as well. People may get swept up talking about the technology far too much -- ignoring the fact that the game behind the technology still has to be strong -- but at the same time, the Euphoria technology guiding Backbreaker is a definable trait that clearly separates it from any other football title or sports game out there. It's a talking point, and it's a rally point for gamers out there who want to support the title.

Read More - E3 Backbreaker Hands-On Preview
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I hope NaturalMotion learns from All Pro's mistake and puts in a detailed, multi-year Franchise mode. I don't care about the NFL license because we have Madden for that fix. I think most of us want a game that plays great; can be customised and shared online; and has a deep Franchise mode.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
Rookie

jballa838's Arena

OVR: 4
Nice article Chase. Good to know we can turn off the glowing football in the final build too.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 30
I don't think this game is shipping this year, at all. I read IGN's post yesterday just shaking my head while doing so. These cats have a looooonnnngggg way to go and I think the big reason why is that they are biting off more than they can chew. Like Chase said, these guys are techies not devs and they had to bring in devs to work on the game. How many devs? Who knows but I think there aren't enough, thus far, to get this game out quickly. Nat. Mot is not a big group to begin with, I don't believe, based on what I've heard so this game most likely will not come out til late 2010....maybe.
Either way, it gets here when it gets here and I will see what's up, then, and all those crying the cry of this dethroning Madden, it's not gunna happen. 2 different type vid games and this game is seemingly more of a niche football game, at best. Blitz is it's comp.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Great preview article, much better than the filth with the IGN preview- review.

I don't think this game is coming out in 2009, though, I'm expecting early 2010, possibly during the NFL playoffs or NFL Draft when football interest is at it's peak. Rumors are 2K wants back in for APF2K11 while BB still hasn't announced a publisher. This may all work itself out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 55
I would also be surprised if it was released this year. I hope it isn't. If the game is accurately described, they have a good amount of time before this game can be polished.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Great article Chase, thanks for the info.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: E3 Backbreaker Hands-Off Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
I hope NaturalMotion learns from All Pro's mistake and puts in a detailed, multi-year Franchise mode. I don't care about the NFL license because we have Madden for that fix. I think most of us want a game that plays great; can be customised and shared online; and has a deep Franchise mode.
I agree and also hope Backbreaker has total customizable uniforms and rosters similar to Team Builder. Oh how I wish APF had TB editing capabilities.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »