Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Army vs. Navy

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Army vs. Navy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2009, 12:26 AM   #17
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Army vs. Navy

Being a Army veteran, two things i did not see:

The Military Cadet Crowd, They are pretty distinguishable cause they all look the same

And a big feature missing on the Army Jerseys was the lack of Army unit patches on the upper right part of their jersey. These Patches are of Army Divisions and are handed out at the beginning of the season at random. Here is a good picture of what I mean:

#65 is wearing the 2nd ID Patch, #68 is wearing the 25th ID patch(my Army Unit)and #71 is wearing the 24thID patch
Old 06-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 39

The only thing that caught me (other than the running animation) was the blocking reciever on the very first play.

Notice that he should be engaging in a block, and the split end should be taking this thing outside because of the closest defender being picked up by the blocking FB.

But no.. If you watch it again, the receiver doesn't even try to make the block & lets the DB go right past him. The ball carrier then turns (on a dime) up field to meet 3 defenders and a sure tackle. Why? If its on Heisman, the receiver needs to be picking up that defender, or at least trying.. He let him go right past.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
So are the rosters correct?
Quote:
Ha Ha
Quote:
Are rosters correct?
Would you stop spamming, please? That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. We have a thread that addresses the roster issue already.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:45 AM   #20
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
The only thing that caught me (other than the running animation) was the blocking reciever on the very first play.

Notice that he should be engaging in a block, and the split end should be taking this thing outside because of the closest defender being picked up by the blocking FB.

But no.. If you watch it again, the receiver doesn't even try to make the block & lets the DB go right past him. The ball carrier then turns (on a dime) up field to meet 3 defenders and a sure tackle. Why? If its on Heisman, the receiver needs to be picking up that defender, or at least trying.. He let him go right past.
The new coach view pre-play is a lot better. But that doesn't matter much because the blocking AI looks pretty bad.

Poor blocking AI like this puts my controller in danger. Please EA, don't encourage me to throw my controller.

Last edited by boritter; 06-13-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:54 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
The new caoch view pre-play is a lot better.
I have to be honest, I love how they made the play art much more bold on the field so you can see it clearly. Its small things like this that get squashed by things like Season Showdown, & now apparently DLC cheats that you have to pay $ for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 02:03 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Its small things like this that get squashed by things like Season Showdown, & now apparently DLC cheats that you have to pay $ for.
pretty sure no one forces you partake in either of those things
Old 06-13-2009, 02:07 AM   #23
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

Id like to see some set up passes in a video out of the Flex...felt liek using GT last year at times the passing game just wasnt there when I needed it.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:11 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
And a big feature missing on the Army Jerseys was the lack of Army unit patches on the upper right part of their jersey. These Patches are of Army Divisions and are handed out at the beginning of the season at random. Here is a good picture of what I mean:
but wouldn't that fall under the same umbrella that prevents actual armed forces logos from appearing in movies, tv, etc?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »