Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Nebraska @ Baylor (AI vs. AI)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Nebraska @ Baylor (AI vs. AI) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Nebraska @ Baylor (AI vs. AI)

#41 is lined up at FB...he is Thomas Grove a Linebacker...Great Vid tho...
Old 06-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 29

Nice vid i'm so happy that UFC promo is gone. Also that ref must be a vampire cause he doesn't seem to age.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:28 AM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well good video steve. But I can tell by how the RB gaining large chunks of yardage. That the skill settings must be sitting on the low level. But besides that . The game is looking real good and can't wait for the demo this week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 01:13 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It was nice to see an OL get hurt. There does seem to be quite a bit of injuries in some of the videos I've seen. I don't mind that at all as long as they aren't of the huge variety. Not much pass rush here but it's still a short video.

One thing is really starting to concern me and it's something I've seen in both Madden and NCAA. Offensive teams are lining up or motioning guys into strong formations with TEs and FBs on one side of the field and yet the defense is not shifting over to help defend it. In fact, in this video the defense shifts away from the strong side. I don't get it. I don't remember this being a problem last year.
Thank you. I was about to go on a long rant about this. The Huskers shift him over...so Baylor's response is to bring up the safety into the box...on the wrong side. The MLB even shifts back over to cover that side of the line too. The weak side is being covered by 5 men in the box, and they strong side by 3. Ummm. They go to Baylor. Being able to do simple math like that is supposed to be Baylor's advantage over everyone else haha.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:07 AM   #13
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
One thing is really starting to concern me and it's something I've seen in both Madden and NCAA. Offensive teams are lining up or motioning guys into strong formations with TEs and FBs on one side of the field and yet the defense is not shifting over to help defend it. In fact, in this video the defense shifts away from the strong side. I don't get it. I don't remember this being a problem last year.
Ignorance of the intricacies of football strategy sure can be bliss for me sometimes.

This board has it covered; your comments and the comments of football-smart people like you can urge the developers on to create as sim a game as possible. This frees up people like me to comment on this like the lack of instant replays.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:01 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am still seeing a very mixed bag of things from these videos. I will see a few good plays... and then I will see Ncaa 09 all over again. I believe that IF sliders are fixed that most of these problems can be resolved. I will say that the CPU does run and throw the ball better against the user then last year. The Accuracy issues are the most concerning to me...
Old 06-15-2009, 06:22 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 24

1/3 for the QBs. One was a DL knockdown the other was a wrap knockout i think, maybe deflected. I did like that the OL was hurt, that will add more depth to the dynasties. My main concern is the QB accuracy, i am seeing way more picks, DL knockdowns then actual legit incompletions. Maybe the sliders will address that, i don't know. Its the one sticking point for me right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #16
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Overall, not excited. It just doesn't look improved much over last year. You never know till you play, but it just doesn't to me. And those running animations. The guy just stands straight up and rotates like he's on a sit and spin. No getting low to cut or even small leans as he changes direction. Um, watch a real player. Even when making a small change in direction running at full speed they have to get their feet off to the side and balance when they run.

But details, schmetails right? I mean, that's a lot to ask in only 4 years of development. Maybe in NCAA '20 the running animations will be better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »