Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Virginia @ Hawaii (AI vs. AI)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Virginia @ Hawaii (AI vs. AI) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Virginia @ Hawaii (AI vs. AI)

Thanks, Steve!

Looks like EA got in that my Wahoos run the spread now, unlike last year when we ran the Mike Groh fail offense.

Weird rosters aside, the game does look better than 09 (moreso than a lot of people have given it credit for, IMO), at least from watching the CPU play itself. I'm waiting until at least the demo comes out to make any sort of judgments myself, though.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:41 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 12
A lot of the gameplay does look a lot smoother, but the number one thing that bothered me was the unrealistic zig-zag running. Real life football isn't like that, so why is it in the game?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #11
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Thanks, Steve!

Looks like EA got in that my Wahoos run the spread now, unlike last year when we ran the Mike Groh fail offense.

Weird rosters aside, the game does look better than 09 (moreso than a lot of people have given it credit for, IMO), at least from watching the CPU play itself. I'm waiting until at least the demo comes out to make any sort of judgments myself, though.

The swords on the helmets are too small, and they used the wrong song for the band at the wrong tempo to boot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Ugh.

Another pass where the QB gets hit when releasing...another completion. Tulane QB did this too. 2-2 on the completions so far on that. This one ruined the momentum and timing of the play at least...and this receiver was set, but the Tulane throw was either going to miss by 20 feet or it was going to be a completion anyone, and hitting the QB didn't stop that...he hit someone in stride anyway. Things like that are what lead to people thinking some things are pre-determined.

Virginia's 3rd down play...the LT has someone running right at him, but he turns around and faces the QB anyway...then turns around and blocks him after 1 second of looking at the QB...either he knows someone's coming and he turns around anyway...verrrry bad, or he had no idea...very bad, and has eyes in the back of his head...really bad.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #13
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Was that a real play at 2:10? I've never seen just 3 linemen on the line and the other 2 on the sides like that. Please tell me that's not a glitch
Old 06-15-2009, 12:59 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Was that a real play at 2:10? I've never seen just 3 linemen on the line and the other 2 on the sides like that. Please tell me that's not a glitch
not a glitch i've seen teams run that in college
Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

21 seconds in, there are two unblocked defenders and a 3rd defender coming off a block directly into the path of the runner and he's basically untouched through 3 guys who all should have taken him down. i hope hawaii isnt that bad of a team.

i havent really watched all the other videos but i liked how fast the defensive line closed on the qb on the hb screen. i liked the batted down pass, but does the dline and everyone else still only jump with their right hand raised or will raise their right hand to bat down a pass that easily would have been batted down with their left
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 01:02 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I've seen that play once before, run by Spurrier. It's not a glitch, it's a real play, the but the RT who lines up out wide...should stay out there to block for the receiver...but before the ball is thrown, he starts running back toward where a huddle would be if there weren't only 3 linemen, then after the ball is thrown, he does a 360 and turns around to block for him. I'd have liked to have seen if the LT did that too. If so, that pocket logic sort of causes a lot of problems on that play's blocking out wide.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »