Home

Fight Night Round 4 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Videos (IGN) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
Fight Night Round 4 Videos (IGN)

IGN has posted five new videos of Fight Night Round 4.
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 01:36 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Gameplay looks a little suspect. If someone stands there a just throws punches nonstop then their stamina should be serverely lowered. This games is a little too arcady. I was hoping they would go for a more sim type experience but from the looks of the vids I don't get that impression. Also why is every boxers mid section so large. Jermaine Taylor & Thomas Hearns look chubby in these vids when they both have a slim build in real life. Overall I think FN3 had better player models.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Writer's Block's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Videos (IGN)

Gameplay doesn't look suspect to me, the dudes playing it just don't know boxing. If you looked at the stamina, it decreased dramatically after those dumb flurries they were throwing.

I do think FN3 had better player models though.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Looks like another game of toe-to-toe slugfests every fight, I hope I'm wrong and that you can play strategically.

What this game needs is an auto defense mode, where you hold a trigger and your boxer will defend based on his defensive skill level to stop the non-stop toe-to-toe unrealistic fighting. You need to be able to have the other guy punch himself out at a realistic level.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Once again is it me or do all the fights look the same?...They all turn into slugfests...I have yet to see one video where the game is potrayed in a strategic realistic manner..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
The visual are better than fn3 for one there using thousands more polygons but the slugfest gameplay is not the way the game is but how its played fnr4 developers have forced to use the stick and its not as on point as the sticks last year what happens now is because you cant throw percisly what punch u want on a dime you end up flick that stick around wildly they need to add buttons to the game if i need a hook to counter and im trying to use the stick sometimes its a jab or a body shot and my chance is gone if i press th b button its a hook period if i press b&y its a uppercut period fnr4 developers change the damn controls
Old 06-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

The game appears to be a slugfest. You should be very wary on wanting to square up to any professional boxer. This game rewards the aggressor, so it looks like it will be a slugfest to me. With no reward for tactics and angles.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
Supporter

OVR: 22

Take a look at Hearns' stamina after a round where he easily eclipsed a 150 punches:

And before one of you come in here and say "well, it is the 1st round", I don't care, his stamina should still be WAY down with how reckless, and persistent his offensive onslaught was; the least they could've done is, made him use the points that he earned to gain back stamina that he may have lost due to all of those punches, but no, he can continue his attack at the same pace, and bank those points for stamina later, just in case he's not able to finish the fight early; I remember a fight night dev saying that they were going to "slightly" increase the amount of stamina lost during a round in the retail version, no, they need to drastically increase the stamina lost in between rounds, especially if you decide to throw an insane amount of punches like this guy in these videos. Even still with a major increase in stamina lost in between rounds, you would still have to deal with the mini-game which will undeniably help gain back a lot of stamina.... People were swearing by a stamina slider, but now it comes out that there isn't a such thing in the retail version.... Its gotten to a point where its kinda funny.

I think IGN unintentionally got it right in their heading for the preview of FNR4's career mode, except it applies to the game as a whole.

"Build the perfect Brawler in the series' most improved mode.
"

All I can hope for at this point is for stamina to vary at each difficulty setting meaning, the higher you go up, the more suspectible you are to losing stamina in a BIG way.

Last edited by Epiffani; 06-16-2009 at 12:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »