Home

E3 NHL 10 Preview

This is a discussion on E3 NHL 10 Preview within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #25
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: E3 NHL 10 Preview

Are you allowed to say if you know anything about Online Franchise or Playoff mode? Or if you can have multible users in offline franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

Since they have changed passing to be pressure sensitive. Is it still possible to do a one time pass?

If so is the speed of these one time passes automatic to reach the intended target or is it still possible to choose the strength of the pass?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #27
Pro

sharks's Arena

OVR: 11

I was playing a game yesterday and dove out from behind to swipe the puck away from a player on a breakaway. Rather than trip him or poke the puck away, my player's stick went right through his skates and the puck. Then, he shot it over my goalie's shoulder and scored. Ridiculous.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #28
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Double post, I hit refresh and it posted it again.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #29
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

If you check out the E3 questions thread, you'll notice I also answered some questions in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Are you allowed to say if you know anything about Online Franchise or Playoff mode? Or if you can have multible users in offline franchise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
You know BW, asking the same question in the span of 30 minutes doesn't help your cause.

Anyway, I was playing the game within a new mode of sorts, but I don't believe I am supposed to talk about it at this point. Otherwise, they weren't talking about new modes as of yet so I am not keeping anything else as a secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
It would be nice if they showed cumulative stats for OTP during league games so you know how is dangerous and who you should keep an eye on. I hope hardcore passing is the default for OTP.
I agree on both fronts. I mentioned having cumulative stats for OTP while talking with David Littman, but I don't believe it will make it in this time around. I also hope hardcore, or at least normal, is the default when playing online because it will be messed up if one team is playing with hardcore controls while the other team uses the casual controls. It would completely tip the scales and probably force many players to use the casual passing controls to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockgeez04
Thanx for the preview Chase, can't wait!

2 Questions:

1- How often did you get penalized for doing the new postplay scrum stuff? ... i.e. facewashing, and/or knocking someone down with a check

2- Did you try shooting on the goalie after the whistle? If so did anything happen, they mentioned a CPU player might come after you.
1. All the time. I took some running charges at some players, while other times I simply kept slashing players on the other team. After a bit of the novelty factor wore off, I started to just face wash guys and try to draw instigator penalties rather than hurt my own team -- I didn't get called for penalties during those instances.

2. Yeah, I shot at the goalie a few times, which got the other team angry. I also shot the puck at opposing players (Alfredsson style circa the Stanley Cup finals against the Ducks), which also got the other team chapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzguy
Drool! Can't wait for September to roll-around!

Too bad about the presentation, though. Especially the crowds...are there even female fans in the arena yet?
Yeah, female fans are in the game now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeable
Since they have changed passing to be pressure sensitive. Is it still possible to do a one time pass?

If so is the speed of these one time passes automatic to reach the intended target or is it still possible to choose the strength of the pass?
Oh yeah, absolutely. What's cool is you can play the puck to an area and have the other guy skate to the puck and rip it in one motion. The same goes for something like a drop pass. Just drop the puck and let someone come up behind you and drill the puck.

And no, the speed of the one-timer is no longer automatic on hardcore because now you control where the puck is going, and at what speed, at all times. It's all about how much pressure you put on the passing trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks
I was playing a game yesterday and dove out from behind to swipe the puck away from a player on a breakaway. Rather than trip him or poke the puck away, my player's stick went right through his skates and the puck. Then, he shot it over my goalie's shoulder and scored. Ridiculous.
Fascinating!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hopefully there is a degree of difficulty to hitting the puck out of midair because this video looks too easy for this rebound....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccdkq1QpZpQ

And disalowed goal for High-sticking .... Is there video-referee in nhl10 ?
Old 06-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #31
Pro

sharks's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

Fascinating!
My question is has collision detection been improved?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks for the answer Chase but it wasn't the answer i was looking for. I also think it's sweet that we can now one time loose pucks.

My question is about passing alone. In NHL 09 you can one-time passes with a player if you press and hold the passing button before it reaches the teammate.

Is this still possible in NHL 10 with the new passing system to one-time a pass to another teammate?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »