Home

Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NEW FRANCHISE BLOG

PLEASE give us some DRAFT PRESENTATION info!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 39

Impressive...I am totally stoked...
Old 06-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #19
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

"Q: How often does progression take place and will season performance effect it? (yearly, quarterly, every game, etc.)
A: All of the tuning this year was done to make the progression system from ’09 playable. Last year, players rarely progressed and if they did, they didn’t go up much. We fixed those problems and I’m seeing what I expect when I get to the offseason after having good seasons with my players. In the future, we’ll look into using a progression system similar to the one we used in NFL Head Coach ’09. It allows for more flexibility than the system we’re working with now.
To answer your question:
Season performance has a huge impact and progression happens in the offseason"

Looks like I'm simming the preseason once again... (sigh), oh well still looks promising. I hope it works the way he makes it seem like it's going to.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #20
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Q: Will it be fun enough to play more than 2 seasons?
A: Yes. And that was my goal this year!

thanks Josh

i'm pumped to get into these draft classes.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #21
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Q: How will the scouting process work for rookies pre-draft and how is it different from the last few iterations of Madden or similar to HC?
A: Scouting is different than it was in ’09. This year you pick the players you want to scout and each week a piece of information is unlocked about them. At first, the information will be a bit vague. You’ll see comments like, “His awareness is less than an 80.” Once you scout the player a few more weeks, you’ll clear up the vague comments and see something along the lines of, “Ok, we’re sure that his awareness is a 76.”
This will help you get a total picture of the player. Since you also have an idea of what his potential is, you can combine the information to determine if the player has high potential and if he’s able to be more than a project. Just because a player has high potential doesn’t mean that he’ll be a productive player for a while. You may draft players in the 7th round with high potential but they’ll come in at 59 overall. So it could take years for them to be ready to play significant roles. If you do your homework, you can find the Marques Colston’s of the Draft. Players with high potential and high overalls that can contribute right away. I spent a lot of time tuning the draft classes so that there are really busts and gems in the draft now. You may draft a LT who comes out at 80 overall but has a potential of 81. Or you may draft a QB in the 6th round who has a 99 potential and a 78 overall rating ala Tom Brady.

This alone will take me to year 30 for the first time and leave me wanting 60 year franchises (with Brett Favre still playing, lol). This is the bread and butter for franchise heads. The "building" of a team over multiple seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #22
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Confirms what I thought.

Franchise mode will have better logic and should be a better experience overall, but in the end, didnt really get the facelift it needed.

And while I did like alot of the answers, this one irks me...

Can someone please tell me how many former players become coaches? I can understand as positional coaches, but Ive always hated that you seen top players become head coaches in the game, when that never really happens.

Either way, looks like Ill be renting Madden this year. Looks alot better, for sure, but this blog pretty much made up my mind.
If this is a game killer for you, you may have OCD...
Old 06-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
Q: Since two-back systems are in vogue, will running backs split carries a la Carolina, Tennessee, etc.?
A: Yes. This is all determined by the RB sliders in your coach options. We have logic that determines how carries will be split later on in franchise. If you have two 90 overall running backs, they will split carries.

Anyone understand the "RB split carries" logic?

Do we adjust the slider for the CPU?

What does later on in franchise imply? Need more details but I guess we'll find out in August. They can't give us the game right now. The franchise improvements look very promising.
I thought he explained that pretty well....by "down the road" he's talking about backs who progress to 90 later on in the franchise. He's saying the logic will recognize that and split the carries if there's more than one 90 on a team.

....I think.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
Hundreds of questions asked....

14 answered.

Very disappointed.

Franchise still looks good and all that, but there were some really good questions asked that he didn't even come close to touching on.

Oh well, he's doing more than they did last year.

Seriously. Only 14, cuz the last two really weren't even legit questions.

I mean, i didn't expect him to answer everything, but I wanted at least 10 more questions answered than that. How can this be interpreted any other way than only answering questions that were positive. He didn't want a bunch of answers to be "Nope.Maybe next year."

I desperately hope we get another blog showing the draft presentation, new scouting system and anything different about the off season.

FA signing, contract negotiations and trading have been EXTREMELY BROKEN for a long time. It should be like Head Coach where you can't take advantage of the computer or sign every single FA you want. IS THIS FIXED??!?!?!????

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »