Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Tennessee @ Auburn (Default AA Sliders)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Tennessee @ Auburn (Default AA Sliders) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Tennessee @ Auburn (Default AA Sliders)

Thanks for the video!

Thumbs up for Jonathan Crompton playing like the piss-poor QB that he is!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Thanks Steve.

-Good to see some errant passes that hit the ground and not turn into Pick 6'ers.

-I like seeing Burns throwing the long ball for a TD. Nice.

-The running animation by the CPU ballcarrier on returns is absolutely hideous. Honestly, it may be the worst I have ever seen in a football game. Please spend time fixing this for NCAA11. Please.

-Why does the ball travel faster than the speed of light on some of the short to medium passes? Wow.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Without having started the video yet...10-7 after 1 quarter? Did anyone watch that game last year? It set offensive football back to the 1890's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Best part of the video was the sky
I'd probably say score bug.. I love the modern look.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #13
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

It's a sad day when a college football enthusiast (see: ME) is really thinking about not purchasing an NCAA game. This after having created my old highschool regions teams in Teambuilder with thoughts of importing them to play a season against all my old rivals. I just don't think the novelty of doing so will make the $60.00 purchase worth it.

The return mentioned above is abysmal to watch, and it just doesn't look like much has been done to improve the gameplay (barring pursuit angles / pockets on pass plays, but even those look forced...not a product of DE's and Tackles/TE's playing as they should). It's depressing considering the massive amount of work Ian et all have done with Madden

It's been a long time since I could say I was much more hyped for the pro game (since NCAA was being made in fact), congrats to the NCAA team for making that happen. Hopefully next year they can take Maddens upgrades and absorb them into the NCAA code.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #14
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7
WOW......J Crompton for Heisman...................It has him down perfect
Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #15
Banned

williamf30's Arena

OVR: 2
the pocket on the touchdown play around 6:40 looks very good and i agree the sky looks pretty cool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

So many unranked teams on the field...and so many camera flashes going off on a punt that wasn't even returned.

The field goal nets that pop up from nowhere are really annoying too, not as annoying as the camera flashes though. Starting to look like every school has field goal nets even though not all of them do. Argh. Good intention, really bad execution on those two things, which is unfortunately a theme for this game. I'm noticing too many dumpoffs to the backs, and too many times the field is wide open for the QB to tuck it and go for 10-15 yards, and they throw into coverage instead. Will we even need to cover the middle of the field against the AI? Seems like man coverage against anyone in the middle is fine, and the LBs can all go 20 yards downfield because there's no need to worry about a QB running unless the play was designed to.

Every video pushes me closer to not buying this game at all. Maybe this isn't such a good idea for them. When I was blissfully clueless about what the game had, I didn't even consider not buying it. I'm definitely not buying it the day it comes out like I always have, I am 1 more bad video from not buying it at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »