Home

Fight Night Round 4 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Videos (IGN) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #9
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Videos (IGN)

yea the stamina thing is lame, stamina slider was the first slider we heard about from a CD guy...What happenend? We only can hope that it is better on harder diff levels....Overall, I happy legacy mode seem like a hit because online is gonna be hell.....Had enuff with UFC's I can only imagine that this will be worst(nothing but guy wanting to go toe-to-toe, foot speed is too slow to a escape with themkeep moving forward)

But if anyone is worried about the CPU doing the same, just watch a CPUvsCPU match....The most strategy you will see in any fight night match you've prolly seen for FNR4

Also, its seem logical for Hearn's stamina to be atleast half gone after throwing 150 punches in round 1 but knowing EA, maybe its based on rounds instead of punch count, maybe in round 6 each boxer wont have a full stamina bar.......Yea its lame...only time will tell truth tho...

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-16-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #10
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Whoa..What heappened to the stamina slider..That's all everyone talked about?..are you kidding me?..
Old 06-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomarmor1
The visual are better than fn3 for one there using thousands more polygons but the slugfest gameplay is not the way the game is but how its played fnr4 developers have forced to use the stick and its not as on point as the sticks last year what happens now is because you cant throw percisly what punch u want on a dime you end up flick that stick around wildly they need to add buttons to the game if i need a hook to counter and im trying to use the stick sometimes its a jab or a body shot and my chance is gone if i press th b button its a hook period if i press b&y its a uppercut period fnr4 developers change the damn controls
Yea that is the point EA is making by removing the button controls....Lol now its skill not button mashing. You have to execute the correct punch not be guaranteed, see how that relates as far as a skillful activity?

You said it yourself in your post, LoL read what you wrote, it seems your just frustrated with the new scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Whoever Player 1 is, he/she is a straight-up cheeser...
Old 06-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #13
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

After watching the video when he was fighting Jermain Taylor, you can see Jermain stunned him with a coupleof counter punches, which is one of Jermain strong points and its good to see he was defensive and picking his shots like that.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #14
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah that Hearns video is extremely dissappointing.
Stamina was top 3 things that they needed to address and at this point it doesnt seem that they addressed it at all. If anything they made stamina even more insignificant. In the demo stamina depletes much quicker than in the video. They freakin heard our complaints from the demo.
they heard our complaints from round 3.............. i dont get it.

Im hoping like someone said, that it depends on the difficulty level. The higher the difficulty the more stamina plays a factor.

On a side note: i would LOVE to fight that dude in the video, i would destroy his cheesy ***. and it looked like Calzaghe had some mobility if the dude using him didnt suck so much. and also i think they were using Auto get up from the knockdowns.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

It may be only a slight consolation, but as juk34man said, CPU vs. CPU fights are VERY realistic. What that means is that the stamina bar will only be an issue for the Human player. Of course you're going to have cheesers online, but if you're lucky enough to find someone who has some self control, it really shouldn't be an issue.

And of course, offline Legacy should be fine as long as you have the willpower to not abuse it like it's an exploit.

I know it's not what we all hoped for, but it doesn't seem to me to be a gamekiller.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »