Home

Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information

This is a discussion on Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information

Prospects game sounds great although I wonder who the other prospects will be in the game. The draft, as I imagine it, would be for the 09-10 season so . . . are we going to see Tavares and Hedman in our prospects game or I wonder if there will be a second 09-10 draft throwing a new set of rookies on top of the Tavares draft class. Hopefully it is the former and not the latter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Has Gamestop Spilled The Beans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
You probably just answered your own question as to why it is done this way.

If you wonder why game companies are hush hush on things like this it is because they have deals in place as to who gets to release this info first. Gamestop probably had a deal in which they got to release that info, hence why EA wouldn't mention it and the NDA prevented people who saw or played the game from speaking to it.

Business people, it sucks for the consumer at times, but it makes the world turn.
Listen I understand if its a new gimmic ect but when its something basic like playoff mode which was last gen or whos on the cover secret that just silly .
From what I heard at Ea boards it wasnt supposed to be released info and to prove my point FM refuses to discuss it here which kind of proves that point.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #27
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Has Gamestop Spilled The Beans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Listen I understand if its a new gimmic ect but when its something basic like playoff mode which was last gen or whos on the cover secret that just silly .
From what I heard at Ea boards it wasnt supposed to be released info and to prove my point FM refuses to discuss it here which kind of proves that point.
You got to understand that anyone who attended the community and has inside info, is still under contract to be hush hush until EA says so. Even then it will only be about certain things. As already stated, Gamestop probably had the go ahead, but that doesn't mean the rest can talk about it. Heck, I don't think they can any confirm it.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #28
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by armi5718
Prospects game sounds great although I wonder who the other prospects will be in the game. The draft, as I imagine it, would be for the 09-10 season so . . . are we going to see Tavares and Hedman in our prospects game or I wonder if there will be a second 09-10 draft throwing a new set of rookies on top of the Tavares draft class. Hopefully it is the former and not the latter.
I imagine it will be a group of game generated rookies, being that EA can't legally put rookies in their game until they have signed waivers and played at least 1 NHL game. Thus the one month or so wait for rookies to be included via Roster Update.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I imagine it will be a group of game generated rookies, being that EA can't legally put rookies in their game until they have signed waivers and played at least 1 NHL game. Thus the one month or so wait for rookies to be included via Roster Update.
Which is why it would be awesome if you could edit anyone from the draft class.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #30
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Yeah, NCAA09's Campus Legend starts with you trying to win a National High School title. I think you can play up to 4 games with your ratings depending on your success.

The prospects game will be cool for many reasons but one in particular will be to play against your peers. You'll get to see the other potential draftees and it'll be interesting to see how high or low they get picked.

It'll also make for some personal rivalries too.
Let's hope they put Orr and Cherry behind the bench too!

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 06-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #31
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Which is why it would be awesome if you could edit anyone from the draft class.
Yeah, allowing full editing would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

I guess the new goalie mode controls aren't going to be as big a deal as I hoped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »