Home

UFC 2009 Undisputed: Pre-Fight Strategy

This is a discussion on UFC 2009 Undisputed: Pre-Fight Strategy within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
UFC 2009 Undisputed: Pre-Fight Strategy

First rule of the Octagon, don’t talk about the Octagon. But seriously, walking in with your head up and your hands down will quickly lead to you getting knocked out. You might be able to pull off some flash knockouts, but the lack of strategy will have you on the mat in no time. Any plans of attack you might have learned from WWE Smackdown vs. Raw or Fight Night won’t apply here either. The UFC is an entirely different beast. Doing your homework before a fight will pay dividends by the time the bell sounds. So here’s what you can do to improve your record.

Read More - UFC 2009 Undisputed: Pre-Fight Strategy
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: UFC 2009 Undisputed: Pre-Fight Strategy

The only strategy I have is: don't get into the damn Muay-Thai clinch. Other than that, I just kind of go in and adapt to whatever is going on.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5
Second Timmay's comment. Here are two more: don't ever fight against someone using Frank Mir, and don't fight against someone using a created fighter.

As to the Mir comment, 90% of my losses so far are to Mir users. While it is still possible to beat him, a user who knows only a little about what they are doing can be deadly on the ground. I've lost to users with far worse ground skills than I, simply because they could execute transitions right through my transition blocks, and if I had any hit on stamina, could make me tap. Just not worth it.

As for created fighters, they vary, but my from my recollection you need to make sure and preview their stats before the fight begins (in the selection screen). That means choosing your fighter AFTER they choose theirs, otherwise you can't see their stats once they click 'ready'. If you don't, you have no idea what type of fighter you are against, and can get in trouble (say if they maxed out ground and submissions, but you weren't aware of this).
Old 06-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 23
the muay thai clinch sets you up to submit your opponent.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Ill fight CAFs who are real fighters..fedor/kimbo/couture AND they have realistic attributes.

For my strategy, same as Timmay.. Just adapt to whatever the opponent throws at you. I also block clinches/takedowns quite a bit. You'll be open shortly for strikes, but its usually worth it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I've fought a few CAF, but after I fought one who had over 100 in submission, never again. I was able to keep it going for a few minutes, but the guy kept running at me and then somehow pulled off some crazy submission.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

The game rocks. I am still learning and have 2 careers in the game. I am now working with ground strategies. I first made a boxer, he did great, until I got to mir/lesner. Couldnt beat them for the life of me, thus, I never won the belt. Now im making a ground fighter, fights go longer but I usually win.

Join the best free mma online game on the planet - mmahavoc.com
Old 06-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm with Timmay. The Thai clinch is way overpowered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »