Home

Madden 09: Slide Protection On

This is a discussion on Madden 09: Slide Protection On within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 09: Slide Protection On

Okay, so we slide protect to the side we run? I usually just hit up for aggressive I think. And on passing plays I will do it if I see blitz and to the side I see it on.

― Plato
Old 06-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I have been using slide protection on my runs since before the game was for sale. At one of our local store, at 8pm they booted up two copies of 09 for us to demo and play a tourny on [one on 360 and one on PS3.] Trying to get used to the new running system, we all had a hard time. So I tried to use slide protection to try and give me an edge.

In my experiance it isn't just important to slide protect in the direction of the run, but if you call a dive you need to call it in accordance to how the d is set up. It is best to slide the protection in the direction the D line shifted if they shifted at all. If there is no adjsutment, and they are in a 4 man front [4-3, 46, dime, 4-2 nickle, etc] I choose to pinch the line and if they are in a 3 man front [3-4, 3-3-5 nickle, quarter 3-2-6, etc] I choose to go agressive. The goal is to have your linemen attack the D line, but also the best way to get to that second level.

Also, not all plays shouls use the slide protection in my experiance. Plays that have pulling guards seem to get all messed up in the blocks if you slide the protection, be they pitches, or the Power O, or counters.

Draw play I cannot seem to find a way to get them to work, but that has a lot to do with the poor line interactions in Madden.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 12
why do yall have the same play for three straight maddens mix up the plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #12
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

No doubt that was very time consuming but it's much appreciated. I would like to simply see the numerical difference in the 2: rushing average w/slide protection and then the average w/o.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have always used slide protection its basically zone blocking. especially with runs between the guards and tackles and off tackles. It enables a linemen to get up to the next level to seal off the LB to give you a nice crease
Old 06-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
I didn't even know that slide protection was in the game. Chalk that up to the "brilliant & informative" manuals that EA creates. Anyway... how do you use it?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8
wow u could actually sit down and play madden 09 for that long
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 02:52 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 7

I can never rely on Slide protection to give me protection, i dont really use it for running plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »