Home

NHL 2K10: First Look (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10: First Look (IGN) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
NHL 2K10: First Look (IGN)

IGN has posted their first look at NHL 2K10, including a sneak peak at the cyber Ovechkin.

Quote:
"When it comes to hockey games I do have to say I'm a bit conflicted. Being from Minnesota(the state of hockey, folks) I'm love the game, played it up until high school, and frequent every game of puck out there regardless of console. Still, while both 2K and EA tend to evolve year over year in the direction of sim-like experiences I can't help but feel like we're losing the classic feeling of hockey found on systems like the Super NES or original Nintendo in the form of NHL 94, Blades of Steel, or Ice Hockey. If only there was a way to get the simple pleasure and balance of those games merged with a full-on, realistic hockey experience…

It's far too early to tell at this point, but that's exactly what 2K is going for with NHL 2K10. Don't worry, the game still looks the same (better, in fact) as far as style and realism, you've got every mode and option you expect from last year, but 2K as also mentioned that the company is essentially giving the true two year project it intended on back in 2007. Last year's game was fun and had a lot of options, but this is really a continuation off of that. If 2K9 was fun, but not quite there, it's because it was only half of the dev cycle in 2K's mind. As such, 2K10 is meant to be the fruits of two years of labor; not just a one-year quick fix update."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii

Last edited by Steve_OS; 06-21-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: IGN First Look

Oh hell yeah!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
Banned

We didn't have a chance to go hands-on with the game just yet – still too early for that – but at first glance 2K10 is looking very nice. Just like 2K9 the game is faster, a bit more on an arcade-slant over something like EA's series, and passes, shots, crowd reactions, and speed are all there and looking/sounding great. Game intros

Oh boy I can see it now people complaining that it is going to be an arcade game! I like what I am hearing, and the player models do look better this year. You can tell on that one screen we seen already.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 31

Agreed, if thats actually in game the player models have certainly improved. I still don't know why 2k doesn't just release an actual on ice, in game screen shot already though. Their PR/marketing tactics or lack their of just continue to baffle me. Though I do have to say, thats a pretty impressive looking shot of AO.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Agreed, if thats actually in game the player models have certainly improved. I still don't know why 2k doesn't just release an actual on ice, in game screen shot already though. Their PR/marketing tactics or lack their of just continue to baffle me. Though I do have to say, thats a pretty impressive looking shot of AO.
Yeah I agree. If they fixed the AI and get some of those problems fixed then I will happy. I like that the game is easy to play. I think EA is getting to difficult for me. I am almost 38 and my reactions are getting slower every year. So I think this might be the game for me this year. I will still get EA's too. I wonder if I should get this for the 360 or PS3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 11:12 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yeah I agree. If they fixed the AI and get some of those problems fixed then I will happy. I like that the game is easy to play. I think EA is getting to difficult for me. I am almost 38 and my reactions are getting slower every year. So I think this might be the game for me this year. I will still get EA's too. I wonder if I should get this for the 360 or PS3?
I could be wrong but in previous years the 360 was usually the lead sku. I'm not sure if thats still the case with how much 2k seems to be pimping the Wii these days during these press showings though. I agree though, if the AI is at least on par with EA's offering I'll snag it.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 24

I'll probably keep my eye on this game, only because AO is on the cover. I'm confident EA's game will be better, but that shot of AO looks really nice, and if the players celebrate nicely and the game plays solid I might pick it up as well.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:17 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I could be wrong but in previous years the 360 was usually the lead sku. I'm not sure if thats still the case with how much 2k seems to be pimping the Wii these days during these press showings though. I agree though, if the AI is at least on par with EA's offering I'll snag it.
I don't know what it is about this game, but I like it better than EA. It might be what happens when you score a goal. Or maybe it is the puck physics, but just something feels right when I play this game. Plus I like the faceoffs. That is blast to see and play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »