Home

NHL 2K10: First Look (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10: First Look (IGN) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: IGN First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I don't know what it is about this game, but I like it better than EA. It might be what happens when you score a goal. Or maybe it is the puck physics, but just something feels right when I play this game. Plus I like the faceoffs. That is blast to see and play.
I still need to try those sliders you sent me. Been using HighHeat's so far and I still find it way to easy to score with those. The only real difference I notice with the puck physics over NHL09 is there's far far less suction with goalie interactions (something EA used as a band aid fix for goalie issues from 08 to 09) So the puck does do a better job of rebounding off netminders, rather than roll down their backs or what not in NHL09.

I don't really see a difference in other areas of the ice, players who block a slapshot still more times than not magically take control of the puck rather than the puck bouncing away like it prolly should. I do like the little touch of seeing pucks bounce on edge more than you see in 09, I gotta give credit for that.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I still need to try those sliders you sent me. Been using HighHeat's so far and I still find it way to easy to score with those. The only real difference I notice with the puck physics over NHL09 is there's far far less suction with goalie interactions (something EA used as a band aid fix for goalie issues from 08 to 09) So the puck does do a better job of rebounding off netminders, rather than roll down their backs or what not in NHL09.

I don't really see a difference in other areas of the ice, players who block a slapshot still more times than not magically take control of the puck rather than the puck bouncing away like it prolly should. I do like the little touch of seeing pucks bounce on edge more than you see in 09, I gotta give credit for that.
Set the game to slow with those sliders.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:50 PM   #11
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

That pic is nice. I have no doubt 2k10 will be a big improvement over 2k9.
Love the point about 2k9 having only have of the dev cycle. 2k10 is going to be awesome. The signature style in all of 2k's game sets it apart from the rest. That's another reason why I can't play EA's NHL series. None of the players have any style. I can only imagine what 2k football would be like today. Oh well can't for this game to drop, looks like another huge year for them.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 06-21-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
That's another reason why I can't play EA's NHL series. None of the players have any style.
C'mon they all have style. When the CPU goes into pressure mode, they all skate like Yvan Cournoyer, all pass the puck like Marc Savard, are all as agile and impossible to chase down as Wayne Gretzky, are all as deadly in the slot as Phil Esposito...

It's all very stylish. It just isn't "hockey."
Old 06-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #13
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
That pic is nice. I have no doubt 2k10 will be a big improvement over 2k9.
Love the point about 2k9 having only have of the dev cycle. 2k10 is going to be awesome. The signature style in all of 2k's game sets it apart from the rest. That's another reason why I can't play EA's NHL series. None of the players have any style. I can only imagine what 2k football would be like today. Oh well can't for this game to drop, looks like another huge year for them.
It doesnt say only having half the development cycle it says they consider it only half , they dont mention just how long they worked on 2k9 a lot of grey area there.

Not being negative just pointing out how they have creatively worded things and has obviously created a little confusion in their favor, classic mincing of words .
Old 06-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 16
I'm excited about 2k10. As much as I still play NHL 09 to this day, I still prefer 2k9 for offline, traditional games of hockey. It just nails so many little things that EA's game didn't even consider. I've been a fan of the NHL2k series since NHL2k3, buying every game annually. I'm sure I'll be doing it again this year, though I'll definitely be purchasing NHL10 as well, as I can't get enough of the EASHL with my established team. We're going to be ready to go come this fall!
Old 06-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
C'mon they all have style. When the CPU goes into pressure mode, they all skate like Yvan Cournoyer, all pass the puck like Marc Savard, are all as agile and impossible to chase down as Wayne Gretzky, are all as deadly in the slot as Phil Esposito...

It's all very stylish. It just isn't "hockey."

LOL, yes your right. It's not hockey at all but indeed very stylish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #16
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
It doesnt say only having half the development cycle it says they consider it only half , they dont mention just how long they worked on 2k9 a lot of grey area there.

Not being negative just pointing out how they have creatively worded things and has obviously created a little confusion in their favor, classic mincing of words .

Your right and I reread that and indeed it does say "in their mind" meaning they see the game having a 2 year development. Still, with how good last years effort was, this year should be even better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »