Home

Father's Day: How Having Kids Can Change Your Gaming - For the Better

This is a discussion on Father's Day: How Having Kids Can Change Your Gaming - For the Better within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 11
I must admit I was glued to your article. I am engaged to be married this September and I'm sure my "wife to be" is planning on having kids right away. I am a slider/roster/full season tweeker gamer much like the "old" you was. I am truly scarred by the thought of not keeping up with my seaons in their entirety due to children. So I will take your advice and enjoy my gaming now before the little ones arrive. It is refreshing to know that having the joy of children does trump playing my ps3. Here's to my last year of freedom!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #18
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Father's Day: How Having Kids Can Change Your Gaming - For the Better

That was a fantastic article, Steve.

I think the biggest 2 things that are different are obviously the extreme lack of spare time (already mentioned), and the lack of MENTAL energy you have once you get the kid(s) put down at night. I've pretty much always gotten my gaming in between the hours of 9:00 and midnight on weekdays, but now I'm just soooooo mentally drained when I get her to bed, I think to myself I can't focus on an hour long football game or whatever now, I just want to veg and then pass out. My weekend daytime gaming I used to thrive on is out the window now.

I'm still a slider tweaker, I'm still a roster editor, I'm still a "no-simming-play-every-game" guy, but it just takes me a LOT longer to get through seasons now. But, the plus side is, when I do get uninterrupted games in, I enjoy them even more than I ever have. I'm just not looking forward to one day having to share my PS3.....j/k.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 06-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Father's Day: How Having Kids Can Change Your Gaming - For the Better

Loved it!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 20
I'm pretty lucky so far becasue my wife has to be at work at 5 am so her and the kids hit the sack by 9pm. My gaming hasnt changed, or hardly at all. Mine changed a lot when I got married 7 years ago more than it changed with kids. Once I got married there were no more all day Sunday games or 6pm games. I got use to playing once she went to bed at 9pm. With that said, kids are the best thing to happen to me and if I had to, I would give up video games......and I have been a hardcore gamer for 20 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »