Home

Platinum Czar Battleground - NBA Live 09 vs. NBA 2K9: Round 3

This is a discussion on Platinum Czar Battleground - NBA Live 09 vs. NBA 2K9: Round 3 within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 32
As usual, great work Czar - I am only hoping both EA and 2K watch these and remedy issues you perfectly pinpoint in your videos. EA especially, there are some absolutely cheap things going on under the hood in there last game....
Old 06-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
another gem by the CZAR. This guy needs to be a consultant for video game bball developers....his bball knowledge is peerless; put him on the payroll 2K!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #11
Rookie

tbach's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Platinum Czar Battleground - NBA Live 09 vs. NBA 2K9: Round 3

Not that it really matters, 2k definately won with the rebounding, but I thought I'd point out that Live does have a manual box out. I'm not sure how it compares, but it was mentioned as a positive in 2k's rebounding and not mentioned for Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10
live will lose every catetory. hope they can get back on top this year
Old 06-25-2009, 03:24 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 22
Only a blind moron would think Live was anywere close to 2K. If only the blind EA fanboys could actually realize all the good stuff in 2K, but I guess a EA logo is all they need to be "OMG, Itīs amazing! I canīt believe it!!"..... fools
Old 06-25-2009, 03:36 AM   #14
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
This is my favorite original content on Operation Sports by far. Keep it up Czar, I love the work you put into it.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:28 AM   #15
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
Only a blind moron would think Live was anywere close to 2K. If only the blind EA fanboys could actually realize all the good stuff in 2K, but I guess a EA logo is all they need to be "OMG, Itīs amazing! I canīt believe it!!"..... fools
Some day someone will have to do some experiment - filming some 2K gameplay - but with EA's layouts and logos. Of coursre, it will have to be a brand new trailer, so no one has seen it yet to know the truth. That should be interesting (sure, legally it's problematic, but just for the experiment...).

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 08:38 AM   #16
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbach
Not that it really matters, 2k definately won with the rebounding, but I thought I'd point out that Live does have a manual box out. I'm not sure how it compares, but it was mentioned as a positive in 2k's rebounding and not mentioned for Live.
Good point tbach. I ended up cutting that because in the rebound game testing I found it to be very effective in the rebounding practice mode but not so much in the actual game.

Maybe is more a fault of the playermovement but unless you were in perfect position I found it hard to engage and it never really have you an advantage. Plus it seemed to play just a default animation that didn't help you get better position.

With 2k's you can actually steer the man your boxing out back or left or right....in essence getting yourself better position to the go get the rebound.

so in overall effectiveness They have the control but between the control's ineffectiveness (to me) and the poor implementation it did not warrant an increase in the score. However you are correct I should have mentioned that have one.

In order to keep the time down I end up cutting a lot in a final edit to keep a good flow. I guess i just like to break down too much. without fail in every show I cut at LEAST 7 minutes of my commentary because it just brings the show to a crawl...LOL

again way to point that out.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »