Home

UFC 2009 Undisputed: Kickboxing Strategy

This is a discussion on UFC 2009 Undisputed: Kickboxing Strategy within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
UFC 2009 Undisputed: Kickboxing Strategy

UFC 2009 Undisputed offers unparalleled fighting controls and realism, and the game provides an accurate representation of one of the fastest-growing sports in the world. But for a new fighter just entering the Octagon, the numerous fighting styles can seem overwhelming. In this strategy piece, I will discuss my favorite fighting style, kickboxing.

As I alluded to in my review of UFC 2009 Undisputed a few weeks ago, the fighting controls are very intricate in the game and can be intimidating to newcomers. Because of this, I personally consider kickboxing to be a good starting point for any fighter in Undisputed, both because of its reliance on distance fighting and because of the variety of ways you can take down opponents. There are three main rules that should be followed by kickboxer, with the first rule applying to all fighters.

-Strategy guide written by Jack Hoeffel

Read More - UFC 2009 Undisputed: Kickboxing Strategy
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: UFC 2009 Undisputed: Kickboxing Strategy

Nice read Chris. That is until I slam that kick boxer on his back with a wrestler and don't allow him to get up
Old 06-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: UFC 2009 Undisputed: Kickboxing Strategy

I only really like Muay Thai now...it's the best imo. Kickboxing only has supermanpunch and backfist...i don't care for those moves anymore.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7
ehh "quick punches"??? you mean the superman punch and spinning back fist aka the special moves? if your well thought out strategy is to spam special attacks ie high leg kicks and "quick punches". than your no different than any other lame spaz online.

Sorry if this was harsh but thats what this article made me think...
Old 06-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5
Yeah, I second the above. Kickboxing is a good strategy for beginners, because of its simplicity, but woe to such a player who fights an advanced player using Muai Thai or Boxing. Once you get inside on a kickboxer with either of those, they are in trouble. The other side of Kickboxing is that the strikes are very slow, except for the ever-spammed Superman Punch.

Against a Kickboxer, using a Boxer, I like to rush in with a thigh kick, and then proceed to just pound their abdomen with heavy punches. They'll have to reverse to get of their, or try a weak grapple. If they block low, then I uppercut high. Beginners will have trouble with this.

Using Maui Thai, I'm not a big MT player, but I'm sure they would do something similar and then just rush in and clinch.

Frankly, I do not fear any "rangy" Kickboxers. Now those using Rampage Jackson and keeping their distance are players to be feared, if they know that they are doing. The Boxing's "slide" hooks and straights I think work just as well as a Kickboxers, and are less predictable.

Just my .02.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Banned

John Deadly's Arena

OVR: 2
My biggest problem with the game is that there is WAY TOO MUCH head kick spam and probing range spam online. Oh and the jiu jitsu game is pretty horrible as well. Mapping every submission in the book to just one button, thats pretty silly to me.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 16
lmao
Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 23
headkicks all day

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »