Home

NCAA Football 10: TeamBuilder Has 100,000 User-Created Teams (Team OS Screenshots)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: TeamBuilder Has 100,000 User-Created Teams (Team OS Screenshots) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 10: TeamBuilder Has 100,000 User-Created Teams (Team OS Screenshots

I have about twenty teams created, but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy the game. I've just had a lot of fun with it.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:20 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Eh, maybe the retail game will be slightly better, but it's still going to be the same arcade-style football game that it was in the demo.

Until the animations and physics get a serious overhaul, the game is still going to be a bunch of robots ice skating around with no momentum throwing laser passes left and right.

Don't even get me started on the line play.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #11
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 10: TeamBuilder Has 100,000 User-Created Teams (Team OS Screenshots

Looks pretty awesome, Can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 12:25 AM   #12
MVP

Thanks Steve, any chance you could download some of our teams and post screens?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:15 AM   #13
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Thanks for the pics Steve.

I chose the same jersey pattern so it's cool to see what it would look like. The numbers definitely need some sort of trim!
Yeah, they could use a outline badly.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 07-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

The numbers seem very low to me. They say over 100,000 created teams, not over 100,000 people have created teams. You are looking at under 10% of the people who purchase this game using Team Builder. Was that enough to warrant this Feature? I am glad you people got something you wanted. However, why didn't EA work on something that would effect 100% of the people purchasing this game?
Old 07-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #15
MVP

The point is that the game isn't even out yet and already all these people have made teams. Of course the number is only going to grow after the games release. Think about it it's pretty much only the hardcore community that even knows about teambuilder at this point. The casual audience isn't going to know about it until they load the game in and see it on the menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
The point is that the game isn't even out yet and already all these people have made teams. Of course the number is only going to grow after the games release. Think about it it's pretty much only the hardcore community that even knows about teambuilder at this point. The casual audience isn't going to know about it until they load the game in and see it on the menu.
The numbers aren't going to increase much at all after release. These numbers are really low. Team Builder is basically a hard core feature, especially the way it is set up. The Casual Gamer isn't going to care much about this feature. Having to go to the PC to create, transfer teams, blah blah blah. Just to much work for the casual gamer. Same thing for me... just to much work for me to have any interest. If it were on the game disc or included as an extra disc with the game I might play with it for a couple of hours. I just don't see the casual gamer wanting to spend time with team builder. Casual gamers pick up a game, play for a couple of weeks and trade the game in.

The 100,000 teams is very deceiving. I would expect a new feature that was REALLY wanted would garner much more attention than what it has received. Especially with the feature being free, new to NG, and being able to create countless numbers of teams. 100,000 is a large number, but it is only a small portion of the NCAA community. Glad you got it, but it is a wasted feature until game play is fixed.

Last edited by hcopenhagenh; 07-01-2009 at 04:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »