Home

NCAA Football 10: TeamBuilder Has 100,000 User-Created Teams (Team OS Screenshots)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: TeamBuilder Has 100,000 User-Created Teams (Team OS Screenshots) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #17
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 10: TeamBuilder Has 100,000 User-Created Teams (Team OS Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
The numbers seem very low to me.
We are estimating 750,000 teams will be created. We are well ahead of where we thought we would be.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #18
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 10: TeamBuilder Has 100,000 User-Created Teams (Team OS Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
The point is that the game isn't even out yet and already all these people have made teams. Of course the number is only going to grow after the games release. Think about it it's pretty much only the hardcore community that even knows about teambuilder at this point. The casual audience isn't going to know about it until they load the game in and see it on the menu.
Exactly. We are very encouraged by the amount of teams that have been created!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
The numbers aren't going to increase much at all after release. These numbers are really low. Team Builder is basically a hard core feature, especially the way it is set up. The Casual Gamer isn't going to care much about this feature. Having to go to the PC to create, transfer teams, blah blah blah. Just to much work for the casual gamer. Same thing for me... just to much work for me to have any interest.
It's barely any work at all, you'd know this if you tried it.
Quote:
If it were on the game disc or included as an extra disc with the game I might play with it for a couple of hours.
then it wouldn't be any where near as good as it is and you wouldn't be able to make authentic looking teams so it'd basically be a huge waste of time.
Quote:
I just don't see the casual gamer wanting to spend time with team builder. Casual gamers pick up a game, play for a couple of weeks and trade the game in.
I disagree, but obviously time will tell

Adam, any chance you could tell us how many users have made at least one team?

Last edited by moylan1234; 07-01-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
We are estimating 750,000 teams will be created. We are well ahead of where we thought we would be.
But 750,000 is a relatively low number when you start looking at percentages. I am a businessman and I look at it like this. People using Team Builder are going to make at least 5 different teams. Lets limit this and say they make 3 each. With your number of 750,000 created teams, this is a relatively small percentage of people using this feature. This gives you 250,000 people using the Team Builder. If you only sell 1 million copies, you have only targeted 25% of your audience. Being the businessman I am, I want to satisfy as close to 100% as I can. This is especially so when you have people abandoning this game in record numbers this year.

750,000 created teams sounds like a lot, which it is a huge number, but when you talk of people actually using the program those numbers are low.

Last edited by hcopenhagenh; 07-01-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #21
MVP

hcopenhagenh, here's a NCAA Strategies poll you may want to keep an eye on. http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...ad.php?t=67947
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
hcopenhagenh, here's a NCAA Strategies poll you may want to keep an eye on. http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...ad.php?t=67947
LOL... Why? This poll is skewed.

Adaptive AI --- It is horrible in the demo so why would anyone look forward to it.

Art, Wind Socks, etc. Who cares about this stuff anyway?

Custom Conferences---- Again who really cares?

Defensive Keys--- I don't even understand this option.

Game Planning--- One of the dumbest features EA ever put into a game.

Improve Pursuit Angle--- Small item that should have been in the game in 2008

Improved OL/DL--- The demo shows it is still broken

Improved WR/DB Interaction--- It is still broken

Layered Blending--- This is really an option?

Player Lock--- Another wasted option.

Road to Glory--- Another dumb addition to this game even from the Race to the Heisman days. Also a feature that has been in the game for several years.

Season Showdown--- Yeah... another great feature.

Just a skewed poll. Heck I wouldn't even vote because nothing there interests me at all.

To let you know... I am glad you have this feature. But, there are a bunch of things that needed to be fixed before this feature was introduced. Same thing goes with OD from last year. This is the entire point I am trying to make. NCAA doesn't play like a football game. OL/DL blocking and interaction is horrendous. These things are huge because college football is built on schemes and there is no scheme in NCAA. It is just straight head on blocking. The entire engine needs to be rebuilt for this series. There are just a bunch of other things needed for this game to play and replicate football that it doesn't have now. All I am saying is fix features that effect close to 100% of the people. EA as it is now has turned a bunch of people off. I am predicting a decline in sales this year and EA will rub them off as a bad economy. I will attribute it to a bad game.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
750,000 created teams sounds like a lot, which it is a huge number, but when you talk of people actually using the program those numbers are low.
but again your missing something here. How about the number of people that will download a team someone else created. Even though these people aren't going in and making teams themselves they are still in fact using the feature.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #24
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

Hey Steve, is it possible to maybe get a few screen shots of the logos on the field? This has been my biggest concern. I'm afraid the logos on the field may look jagged or off a bit..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »