Home

UFC May Ban Fighters That Sign With EA (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on UFC May Ban Fighters That Sign With EA (Pasta Padre) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC May Ban Fighters That Sign With EA (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Well he fired Jon Fitch (and a slew of other fighters) for not signing the UFC game deal, so yes I do believe that Dana has the cajones to do something like this.
He wouldnt fire or ban anyone of merit. I love Jon Fitch but people werent buying the game or watching the UFC because of him. Dana's not going to fire Couture or ban Fedor if they sign with the EA game because they bring in money.

As for EA's game and creating fighters, I'm not a big fan of that. If I have a choice between a great game where I have to create Rampage (or download him) and a great game where I dont have to create him..im choosing the latter.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #18

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Two things I want to point out that seems to be ignored so far...

1. It says any fighters that ARENT currently under contract, it doesnt say anything about firing anybody who is signed with the UFC currently, which leads me to my next point....

2. When they were getting the UFC game together they had all the fighters sign contracts, hence the reason for the temporary firing of Jon Fitch, and I would be left to assume that they protected their current stable of fighters from being able to be in a competing product.

In the end do you expect Dana White to basically advertise for a competing MMA game by letting anyone sign on to be in the EA game and then sign to fight in the UFC? That would be like free advertisement for the competition and that makes absolutely no sense at all.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #19
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
In the end do you expect Dana White to basically advertise for a competing MMA game by letting anyone sign on to be in the EA game and then sign to fight in the UFC? That would be like free advertisement for the competition and that makes absolutely no sense at all.
You mean like how Undisputed has non UFC contracted fighters like Sylvia, Ortiz, Arlovski, and Cro Cop?
Old 07-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #20

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
You mean like how Undisputed has non UFC contracted fighters like Sylvia, Ortiz, Arlovski, and Cro Cop?
Whats your point? Im sure the roster decisions were made when those guys were still in the UFC and it was too far along to start cutting fighters when they left. Those decisions were made before hand but do you think that in his current position that he would make the decision to do it all over again by allowing guys in the UFC to promote a rival brands video game? I dont care about any possible promotion that it does for Affliction having Sylvia in the UFC game, Im talking advertisement for the EA game.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #21
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

The only way see EA being able to fill out their roster is if they pick up retired fighters like in Fight Night, because I don't think some fighters want to miss out on a chance to get paid in the UFC. But I would love to play with Genki Sudo, so it probably wouldn't be all bad.

Still BS by Dana.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #22
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
But THQ has controls down,something EA doesn't get. To do a takedown press LT,RB,hold B and do a half circle forward! To dodge hold RT,RB,LB,Y,move the left stick with a half circle away for your fighter to lean back and move the right stick to step back! What fun.
You can't even lean or duck or bob and weave in the UFC gae..

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 07-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #23
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
goh, I can honestly say i've never seen an EA sports game with complicated controls as you try to make them sound. I also don't get the people saying EA is copying THQ. MMA is growing and people should have expected multiple comapnies to get involved. It's like saying that since EA had Fight Night, 2k copied them when they made their boxing game. Hopefully EA makes a great game as well. It's always good to have good competition. Even if they don't have UFC fighters they could still make a good game.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #24
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

I think UFC should wait to see if EA is even capable of making an acceptable MMA game before they start threatening people about it. The bar has been set pretty high with undisputed, especially for their first effort, so if EA can top them I'd be seriously impressed, even though I personally hate EA, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »