Home

Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #17
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq)

Didn't they charge for reel maker a few years ago?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #18
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
I have to get more details than what is currently posted, but I don't see what's the big deal. People pay for DLC all the time, and if this takes care of the many problems that people had with the draft classes in 2K9, I'm all for it. If this is indeed true, this falls imo along the same line as NBA Live charging for their DNA feature if you didn't buy the retail (which was a brilliant move on their part). No it may not be necessary to purchase it, but it could enhance your experience when playing the game. Its on you, as the customer if you want to get it or not.
This is a great point actually. Ultimately, we can buy it or not. I would bet that if it's a good price and comes out before the official release, some people will be willing to do it. Again, we will see. Whether it's true or if it's worth it.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:09 AM   #19
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I have to get more details than what is currently posted, but I don't see what's the big deal. People pay for DLC all the time, and if this takes care of the many problems that people had with the draft classes in 2K9, I'm all for it. If this is indeed true, this falls imo along the same line as NBA Live charging for their DNA feature if you didn't buy the retail (which was a brilliant move on their part). No it may not be necessary to purchase it, but it could enhance your experience when playing the game. Its on you, as the customer if you want to get it or not.
Bingo.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:51 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

im surprised u franchise freaks arent thrilled about this but whatever.

some people are very closed minded and only look at the dollar sign

just ask yourself one question. whats missing from 2k sports besides football? NCAA 2k basketball

NCAA which is pretty a COMBINE for the NBA and i know most of u bought both NCAA 2k and NBA 2k games(whats the difference?). 2k is giving people a chance to draft rookies, train them, and whatever else. maybe they have something plan for 2k10 association. just open your thoughts and you may INNOVATION instead of $$$$
Old 07-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackJk
im surprised u franchise freaks arent thrilled about this but whatever.

some people are very closed minded and only look at the dollar sign

just ask yourself one question. whats missing from 2k sports besides football? NCAA 2k basketball

NCAA which is pretty a COMBINE for the NBA and i know most of u bought both NCAA 2k and NBA 2k games(whats the difference?). 2k is giving people a chance to draft rookies, train them, and whatever else. maybe they have something plan for 2k10 association. just open your thoughts and you may INNOVATION instead of $$$$

this is pretty much what I thought. if it's anything, it's a rookie editor that allows you to customize and test out each rookie pool and then add them to the game. who knows how robust it is, but I'm positive it's not just a bunch of training drills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 03:03 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 31

Honestly, I wouldn't buy this, and I wouldn't even use it if it's built into the game, because it doesn't make sense. In a Franchise mode, you are GM/Coach/Owner of a team and trying to make that team better. How does it make sense to then play as potential draftees and try to make them better before they get drafted? There's not even a guarantee they will be drafted onto your team. I can understand bringing in rookies for workouts and scouting, but only for that purpose and not to actually improve their ratings.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:14 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 22
If EA did this the media would Love it... If you donīt like the feature donīt buy it....
Morons
Old 07-08-2009, 04:31 AM   #24
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
i think this is a great idea, Why? BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for me I will purchase it to support 2k because their NBA series is awesome. I know some of us over the years have payed for downloadable content for madden jersey and the game was HORRIBLE!!! Please 2k do your thing!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »