Home

NHL 10 Blog: More Gameplay Refinements w/ 3 New Videos

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Blog: More Gameplay Refinements w/ 3 New Videos within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
NHL 10 Blog: More Gameplay Refinements w/ 3 New Videos

Check out the new NHL 10 blog, covering more gameplay refinements. 3 videos are included.

Quote:
"The first thing I want to talk about is the goalies in NHL10. We literally had one programmer and one animator working on goalies all year around. We know that there were some holes in the goalie last year so my challenge to our guys was to make a perfect goalie. I wanted to ensure that our goalies had the ability to save anything shot at them. Once we had that, we could then start to give back goals in a controlled manner and ensure that we weren’t creating any ‘always goals’. I gotta give the guys credit, they added over 150 new goalie animations including saves from the butt, new kick saves, reach backs and swipe-aways just to name a few which made the goalies extremely effective and much more dynamic.

Once we had the goalies to a state that we liked, we brought in some of the top EASHL players in the Vancouver area to try and find holes. The first thing they did was try all the exploit goals from 09 which were unsuccessful but they did find a couple situations where the goalies could still be improved. We took that feedback and made the final tweaks. I should mention that I’m also extremely pleased with our additions for user controlled goalies which I’ll speak about at a later date. I will say that people who play goalie in the EASHL are going to be very happy with the improvements we’ve made. The guys in the office are having blast playing as goalie."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 3 new gameplay videos

Sweet!!! cant wait for this to come out!! looking forward to hearing more about Dynasty. Thats my favorite gameplay mode!!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

That's awesome. I liked a lot of stuff I saw in there.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

I promised myself I wouldn't rush out and buy this game day 1 like last year. That promise lasted until... July 9th at... 7:22 pm. Pretty good!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I promised myself I wouldn't rush out and buy this game day 1 like last year. That promise lasted until... July 9th at... 7:22 pm. Pretty good!
NHL10... baa7 approved . Pretty impressive since you disliked 09 so much that you went back to 08.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Video 2 has "Stanley Cup Final" on the ice for those that were worried it only said Playoffs. Nice glove down on the boards!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #7
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Looks pretty dang amazing..
Old 07-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
NHL10... baa7 approved . Pretty impressive since you disliked 09 so much that you went back to 08.
I liked some of the changes in 09, but there were things that drove me nuts -- the goalie animations in particular. The manual passing in NHL 10 could be reason alone to pick it up if it's implimented as well as the manual controls in FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »