Home

The BIGS 2 Review

This is a discussion on The BIGS 2 Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The BIGS 2 Review

While most people have never heard of it, there is an actual sport called chess boxing. In it, athletes alternate between pummeling their opponent in the ring and outwitting them on the chess board. To win, one must possess both quick reflexes and a strong strategic mind.

While having nothing to do with chess boxing, The Bigs 2 requires the same skills. It demands continuous thought and lightening-quick reflexes, the first a rarity among arcade sports games.

And from first pitch to last out, this game is one of the most fun baseball games I’ve played in a long while. Unfortunately, some aspects are a bit flawed, which detracts from an otherwise stellar title.

Read More - The BIGS 2 Review

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 19
If I were into arcade like video games I would probably still be touting NBA Live but I'm not. It really doesn't make sense to me how the graphics are so much better on this than MLB 2K9, I think it would be a good start to steal some things from The Bigs for MLB 2K10. Like the graphics, maybe even the actual size of the guys.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10
yeah seriously. they have a game that theve been making for 5 or so years and then their experimental or even a secondary 2k title turns out to be that much better than 2k9, its almost like two different 2k's. I just dont understand how 2k9 is so bad when they can do things like the bigs 2.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: The BIGS 2 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinginAs12
yeah seriously. they have a game that theve been making for 5 or so years and then their experimental or even a secondary 2k title turns out to be that much better than 2k9, its almost like two different 2k's. I just dont understand how 2k9 is so bad when they can do things like the bigs 2.
Its because its 3 different 2K's (developers. Kush, VC and Blue Castle).
Old 07-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #5
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37
Very good review. Reading this and the impressions thread has me strongly considering pickin this title up. I am not even a big fan or arcade sports games but this one does have me intrigued.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24
Playing a game for three days doesn't equal a real review. If I want a three-day review, I'll check out IGN.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:44 AM   #7
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Dave, I've had this game since last Thursday, if that makes any difference to you.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:42 AM   #8
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: The BIGS 2 Review

I like the big slam. It keeps things on edge without having to be cheap about it like some games. Not even a 5 run lead is safe! Save your turbo/big heat and it's really on then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »