Home

Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a **** About MMA"

This is a discussion on Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a **** About MMA" within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #9

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Lmao. I'm going to love to see how this turns out. If I was a fighter I wouldn't be in the game anyway. There all already rich and theres already a UFC game so I wouldn't be in another one. I respect Dana for what he's doing because, if someone told me what I did for a living was a joke and then wanted to make money off of it once its doing well then I wouldn't want them having anything.

If the fighters of the UFC have any pride about what they do for a living then they will not be in EA's game since EA didn't care about the sport enough to even have a meeting about it. Money talks though so its going to be funny to see how this turns out.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #10
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
I'm sure Dana White might change his mind down the line when EA shows up with stacks of cash as they did with the NFL license. Regardless, you have to give the man some props for telling it like it is. It's his dream and his baby that has become a huge success and he does what he needs to in order to keep it strong and alive.

THQ did an amazing job with the first installment of UFC, and with their track record with the WWE series, I have no doubt they'll continue to do the same. EA Sports, on the other hand, has only been doing well due to licensing purchasing & hype. Only until this last year did they start putting effort back into their game development.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #11
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a **** About MMA"

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Good for Dana and the UFC. EA is all about the money, and I am so happy that White sees right through them.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

Yea I highlighted this quote in another thread. I'm not even looking at EA's MMA game just off of principle. F'em.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:15 AM   #14
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

I have to laugh at the comments about EA only being out for the money, what do you think the UFC is in business for? So what if EA didn't think a UFC game would be viable a year or two ago? Things change and many of the corporations/media the UFC is getting interest from probably thought the same at some point. The UFC's primary viewers are quite a marketable demographic, so of course EA flipped their stance.

blacklisting fighters because they sign with EA shows he doesn't really give a crap about the MMA industry either, just the UFC's merchandise. There are some great fighters outside of the UFC right now, and freezing them out of the top organization isn't done to make the sport stronger.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #15
Host

bronco92's Arena

OVR: 44
This made me laugh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 01:21 AM   #16
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Since I actually know Jason Miller, I may have to pick This Title up.

Personally I love Dana White, i think he is a awesome personality and knows how to run this sport. EA had their chance, they said screw you, move on. Unless EA's title is absolutly perfect, I cannot see how it will sell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »